PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs down of National Archery supply

oldtimer
06-22-2009, 08:18 PM
To anyone ordering supplies on National Archery supplies website beware.
I ordered 2 dozen special target arrows from them and waited and waited. When I got a little short tempered on an e-mail they said they only had 1 dozen of what I wanted but had a higher priced dozen they could ship me ( at the higher price ). I said no thanks, ship me the one dozen and credit my Visa, which they had charged 3 days after I placed the original order, They said "OK but it might take 10 days for our accounting to look after that" That was about 3 weeks ago and still no credit to my Visa and also no response to my last E-mail.
Next step will be the better Business Bureau. Mike

mcrae
06-22-2009, 08:24 PM
To anyone ordering supplies on National Archery supplies website beware.
I ordered 2 dozen special target arrows from them and waited and waited. When I got a little short tempered on an e-mail they said they only had 1 dozen of what I wanted but had a higher priced dozen they could ship me ( at the higher price ). I said no thanks, ship me the one dozen and credit my Visa, which they had charged 3 days after I placed the original order, They said "OK but it might take 10 days for our accounting to look after that" That was about 3 weeks ago and still no credit to my Visa and also no response to my last E-mail.
Next step will be the better Business Bureau. Mike

It took them 6 weeks and a couple of emails to get my credit on my Visa. They shipped my order with some stuff I ordered but substituted other stuff. When I did finally get in touch with them they played dumb and said they had not received any of my previous emails... Pretty shady outfit IMO...

Bow Walker
06-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles Mike. It's not the first time that this sort of thing has been reported about N.A.S.

I hope that you can get a satisfactory resolution to this. I doubt that anyone will be ordering anytime soon, though.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ciskman
06-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks for letting us know! I was going to order a treestand from them but ive heard to much negative stuff

mcrae
06-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Thanks for letting us know! I was going to order a treestand from them but ive heard to much negative stuff

Don't bother... Nothing they have on the website is in stock...I gave them a second chance and called about a treestand. They where all smiles and sunshine. Told me they would order it in and give me a call when it arrived. I called them in Feb about the tree stand. Have not heard a thing from them since...

NaStY
06-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Just phone your credit card company and tell them you never received anything. They will issue you a credit within 30 days...

Good luck and thanks for the heads up

chola
06-23-2009, 06:42 AM
I've actually been pretty lucky with them...everything I've ordered have all been in stock and shipped to me within the week.

I now order from this place...
http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/

The Hermit
06-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Yeah they are on my "do not buy from again" list too.

BowSitter
06-23-2009, 07:47 AM
I also won't buy from them again as I ordered a small order on April 9th and got most of it on May 18th or so and still have not gotten my "mini blazers". I mean come on, vanes like those should not take months to ship!! Mini blazers are like ground beef at the butchers, they should never be out of stock.
Just my opinion....Ron
(and yes they did take my money right away)

Eagle1
06-29-2009, 08:27 AM
I also won't buy from them again as I ordered a small order on April 9th and got most of it on May 18th or so and still have not gotten my "mini blazers". I mean come on, vanes like those should not take months to ship!! Mini blazers are like ground beef at the butchers, they should never be out of stock.
Just my opinion....Ron
(and yes they did take my money right away)

Sent you a pm Ron.

Give us a call we have Mini Blazers in stock.

35 Whelen
07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Well I'm into week seven waiting for some feather fletching...simple shield cut . Same song and dance as the others......they say they are hard to get!!!!! What a load of crap. They have had my money since the last week of May and now they tell me that the feathers didn't come in on the last order. Their prices were great but if that's the kind of service I am going to get I would rather pay more and get what I ordered when I need it.

Onesock
07-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Someone need shield cut feathers I have them for $28.00 a hundred. That would be 5 inch feathers.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I've been waiting 5 months for a target:-?

SSS

35 Whelen
07-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Someone need shield cut feathers I have them for $28.00 a hundred. That would be 5 inch feathers.

PM on the way Onesock

Paul

35 Whelen
07-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Here is the second half of my story.

NAS admitted that they screwed up and thought they had shields when in fact they had parabolics. So to settle things out a bit they offered to send me 10 dozen fletchings instead of the ordered 6 dozen.

So the other day I go to the mail and there was a package. Opened it up and not a single color that I ordered ( yellow, chartreuse and red) . They sent white, grey barred and green barred. I e-mail them back and they tell me the shipper got confused on the note he was sent, so they told me the other were in the mail.

So today I get the second half....again NOT one color I ordered. Instead they sent me Olive green and yellow barred. NOT a single cotton pickin color I wanted to match my wraps.

Never again !!!!!! I was patient and the President ( Jason ) said he would make it right.....that didn't happen either. He said he would also refund my shipping...and you guessed it , that didn't happen either.

I wonder if I should call VISA and tell them I didn't get anything I ordered???? Your thoughts????

So I ordered from Tim at Braveheart Archery, and the order went out the next day...and for $3 shipping for 100 + feathers....not $15 that NAS charged me for an order that took them exactly 2 MONTHS !!!! to get to me, and then it wasn't right.

NAS has lost my business............for good.

mcrae
08-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Something weird going on at that company. They have tree stands on the website but he told me they don't carry them??? He then told me he was going to order one for me and get it shipped ASAP. I was talking to him(Jason) in April I believe. The one order I did get from them was the same it had things that had been substituted without telling or asking me. Seriously something is messed up there right now...I have done the whole email song and dance with them as well. I can't shop there cause I don't trust them. Its to bad to cause they have a bow listed on the website that I would like to buy at a decent price but who knows what will get shipped....

Ciskman
08-01-2009, 10:21 AM
This is a good thread....Its going o save guys a lot of time hassle and wasted money. I know Ill never deal with them...

willyqbc
08-01-2009, 10:26 AM
There are definately problems right now and Jason and Colin are well aware of the problems and are taking steps to try and fix the problems. Part of the problem lies with the Canadian distributors right now. Due to the economy most of the CDN distributors are not carrying much stock. The local shops here are experiencing long waits on orders and getting only 40% or less fill rates on what they do order. To try and get around this they have purchased a warehouse of sorts across the border to allow them to order directly from the manufacturers rather than dealing with a distributor. They are currently building their own inventory to get it to a reasonable level so that they will have stuff in stock when it is ordered. I do agree that they need to hire few more people to handle the answering of the phone and shipping of the orders etc and from what I can see that may be happening as well....the last time I called there was a female voice on the line so perhaps they have hired someone. Mcrae....not sure what to tell you on your order, Jason has allways made it right with any mistakes made.....usually very generously and I have always been contacted with questions of substituting colors....sorry you've had a bad experience and quite understandable that you would discontinue dealing with them. I have had my own frustrations but for me the next 6 months or so will tell the tale if what they are doing now will fix the problems or not.....I sure hope so because with 4 archers to outfit for 3 or 4 different disciplines, I sure do like their prices!!!!

Chris

jwe63
08-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Anytime I order online I always use VISA. Any problem I've had with nonresponse to a sale. I sick VISA on them!!!

Then, I sit back, and Visa calls ME with the results of their investigation.
Has worked several times.
Oh, and by the way, I mention to the retailer that I am calling Visa to see what they think of these business practices. Its a great way to shut'em down. You cant do online sales without credit cards, and Visa is the biggest.

Bow Walker
08-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Chris - are they affiliated in any way with the U.S. company? Are they a subsudiary, or a CDN outlet for the parent N.A.S.? Or does Jason 'own' the rights to canada for N.A.S.?

I'm wondering if Jason might ber able to work with/thru the U.S. company and therby get around some of his stocking issues?

willyqbc
08-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm wondering if Jason might ber able to work with/thru the U.S. company and therby get around some of his stocking issues?

I don't have all the specifics as I'm sure the legal logistics of it are complicated, but I believe that is the intent of their now having a facility in the US...they can deal direct with the actual companies to get stock, rather than go through a distributor. Last time I talked to Colin they were up over $40,000 in stock and climbing. It appears they are doing what they can to get their stock levels up. I know anything we order from a local dealer right now is also taking forever, I think the problem with the online ordering as compared to the local shop, is a place like NAS allready has your money while you wait while the local guy does not.....doesn't change the wait time but it sure changes how we feel about the wait!!:biggrin:

Chris

Deadeye
08-03-2009, 05:26 PM
There are definately problems right now and...

I don't post much but sh*t like this really burns me so I had to say something...

It sounds to me like they are taking payment for inventory they don't have. If the customers aren't informed of that before they pay, I believe that's actually illegal, at least in BC. If I ever had an order that I couldn't cover from my own stock on hand, I'd be out of business. Drop-shipping is fine for eBay, but it's no substitute for having the operating capital to keep stock on hand. That just goes to credibility and professionalism.

Just because you are reducing your overhead vs a brick-and-mortar store by having an e-business doesn't mean that your overall operating costs go down, they need to be re-allocated to inventory.

I mean, seriously: if they had the stuff you actually ordered sent to you within a couple days with some (manufacturer supplied) freebie thrown in to sweeten the deal, your impression would be completely reversed, inspite of the initial flub.

From the customer's side, I'd look at that and see that if they have long delays and ship the wrong items...well, that's all the nails the coffin needs to keep it shut from this guy...it sounds like a couple guys trying to make it fly from their basement or garage and not a reputable supplier.
I realize that's how most mail order outfits got started (MEC, REI, LLBean, etc) but what they had in common in that they actually had inventory in the basement to ship out...

they were up over $40,000 in stock and climbing

Is that stock that's bought and paid for, or is it just the inventory they have access to ?
You can post anything on a website, but if it's only 'potentially available' and you don't say so?
That's just plain BAD BUSINESS (if not criminal)

willyqbc
08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Deadeye, I don't know the answers to the questions you have posed but I can post up this email to me from Colin expalining what is has gone on and whit is currently going on

"We do have a shipping location over the border now. It’s not so much a warehouse, but the advantage is that, between being able to order direct from US companies and our ever-increasing stock, that yes things are getting out much faster. We basically had our hands tied into doing it, because a lot of the Canadian distributors were getting worried about ordering at 1.25 then only selling at 1.12 so they just froze stock. So if something was backordered, it ended up being backordered for weeks, sometimes even months, as you’ve seen and heard. Since I started here in November, our stock has increased by a solid $40,000 and a decent percentage of our orders are leaving here within 48 hours. Those that don’t are usually leaving within 10 days, if we have to go external. It’s better, but not really good enough for us yet. We’re still setting up some accounts over the border, and we still hit the occasional roadblock, but communication is getting better, our stock is increasing every day, and it’s not going to be long before the same people who are grumbling at shoots and posting on forums will have no choice but to admit that things have really turned a corner. I know I speak for Jason when I say that we appreciate your support and your patience during the last few months. We’ve certainly not been oblivious to the comments and the concerns"

Personally I think what should have happened was to have the website have the capability to track their inventory and then show an "out of stock" warning for items that are not in inventory so that customers did not end up paying for backordered items. They should have had the option to keep the backordered item in their order or remove it...I believe that is what Cabelas does for out of stock items. That would eliminate customers paying for an item that they may end up waiting a long time to get.

Chris

35 Whelen
08-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Having an OUT OF STOCK listing sure would have made me a lot happier.

Instead I got the run around and pass the buck....no return to phone calls or e-mails until I made LOTS of noise.

But I have to say this......2 months to wait for feathers is TOOO long. Had that been my store. I would have gone out and bought the feathers myself from some other store to keep a customer happy. Now I only have 3 weeks to tune and fletch my arrow shafts, before opening day. That is going to be tough. I had planned on it in May....when I ordered the feathers.

At any rate....that is my rant and it's time to move ahead.....HUNTING SEASON is just about here !!!!!!

Jagermeister
08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Maybe NAS is doing drop shipping. You order from NAS and NAS places and pays for the order with the manufacturer who ships it directly to you. There are two problems that can arise from this; 1. Every other drop shipper on the continent decided to order the same thing on the same day and depleted the stock at the manufacturer's warehouse and; 2. the manufacturer, if stateside will fill the orders of those south of the 49th because the is no cross border has with several US gov't agencies.
With so many items now on the restricted export list, shipping beyond US borders are becoming more and more difficult.

Mountain Man
08-05-2009, 02:59 PM
All you guy's that own and operate any kind of customer service business know how hard it can be. I have tried desperately for the past 3 years to purchase at a dealer level from NAS and I do believe they have bit of more then they can chew. I refuse to order from them anymore with the ongoing disappointment’s I have received from them. Supply and price is one thing. But most of us are willing to pay a little more to insure the service we demand. If we can be of some help let us know.

Hardcore Archery Shop
Kelowna BC.

happygilmore
08-22-2009, 01:37 PM
They still havent got their sh%^ in order showed buddy a bow on their site good deal, till they sent him the wrong one, they said sorry and sent the right one. fine .
I order some stuff from them it comes 7 days later great. I order a rest from them 20 days later I email no responce, I call, get told will get a call back...no call, write a pissed off email finally get a responce, "don't know what happened to your order I'll ship out another" 10 days later I email, no responce it's now been 32 days since my original order!
I'm done, calling visa

Bowzone_Mikey
08-23-2009, 12:30 PM
They still havent got their sh%^ in order showed buddy a bow on their site good deal, till they sent him the wrong one, they said sorry and sent the right one. fine .
I order some stuff from them it comes 7 days later great. I order a rest from them 20 days later I email no responce, I call, get told will get a call back...no call, write a pissed off email finally get a responce, "don't know what happened to your order I'll ship out another" 10 days later I email, no responce it's now been 32 days since my original order!
I'm done, calling visa

PM me your order Number and I will talk to Jason

zedex
08-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Interesting.I had problems with NAS a long time before any recession excuses. I will never order from NAS again for reasons already discussed.
These guys are great and recommend them for very fast trouble free service.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/

dave*
08-29-2009, 03:44 PM
I wish I had found this thread 10 weeks ago!! It could have saved me a lot of headache in dealing with the excuses, Incompetence, and shady business practices coming from NAS

I am ticked off enough at NAS that I went to the effort of registering on this website to do my public service duty and warn people about National Archery Supply

I placed and order in June, waited 2 weeks and began inquiring only to discover that some of my items were discontinued and no longer available, no effort made to contact me, this really irritated me.

Since then it has been lies and half truths, excuses, phones not answered, promised call backs in an hour not happening, getting hung up on with the transfer to shipping then refusing to pick the phone up for the rest of the day, changing their stories once they are proven to be idiots on another internet forum, failing to follow very specific instructions from my co-orderer... etc the list goes on. if you want the tamed down details go to the canadian section on Archerytalk.com and see the ever morphing story that comes from Jason of NAS

As it sits right now I have a partially completed order in my hands at the 10 week mark, and have a sneaking suspicion they will continue to screw around with the rest of my order..

After talking with the guys at my range ( should have done that before ordering I guess) it turns out I am not the first local in my area to have had the royal runaround from NAS.

Dave* from Vancouver

Foxtail
09-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I use these guys, the customer service is awesome. I bought a ready to shoot bow package through them and couldn't have been happier. I gave them my specs and prefferences right down to fletching size type and colour. They set the bow up chrono'd it, paper tuned it, and had it shipped in 2 days e-mailing me the time it was shipped and the tracking number. I recieved it in 10 days from ordering and followed it everyday with the tracking number.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/

warf
11-29-2009, 07:26 AM
I also had a bad experience with National Archery Supply. Constant excuses and lying about an item shipping. I had to go to my credit card co to get a refund, as they bill you the second you place the order. Stay away from them. I wish I had done some searching and found these comments before I wasted my time and mony with this company.