PDA

View Full Version : where are the crayfish

squamishmiles
06-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Ok, I have heard about how good cray fish are but have no idea where to look for them or how to get them. I live in the sea to sky corridor and would like get them close to home. Any help would be great.

ferndogger
06-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Try Alice lake never tried to catch them there, but I bet they are in there. Plus you can float on the logs while you are waiting. I used to live around that area, but never went crawdadin' while I was there. Im sure most of the lakes around there have them tho.

FLHTCUI
06-20-2009, 08:12 AM
I know there are some in the Naniamo River, buts thats along way from where you are.
The Squamish River system may have them , when the weather is warmer try snorkeling for them around large rocks in the slower moving water, of course do this only if you can swim and the water is low enough for such activies.
I remeber seeing a minnow trap in wholesale sports flyers years ago, not sure if the entrance is large enough for them critters to enter .....
Rob

bigwhiteys
06-20-2009, 08:16 AM
There is a big fishin' hole on the little qualicum river close to my place... I have seen what looks to be prawn traps at the bottom before.

They were actually crayfish traps. My son and I left the traps there but could see all the little crawdads stuck inside.

How do they taste?

Carl

kyleklassen
06-20-2009, 08:36 AM
get those cheap minnow traps and bore out the openings with side cutters.

EvanG
06-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I used to pull 20-60 per set on some lakes on the sunshine coast, just kept the biggest. awesome eating.