PDA

View Full Version : Need your help with the Chemainus Estuary

Marc
06-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I just received an email from the Regional Planning and Research Biologist from Ducks Unlimited BC Coast Office, he's presently working on the items involved with the protection of the estuary at the moment but will be getting back to me later on in the summer to gathering knowledge of the people and uses so he can identify locations of interest, concerns etc. on the project.

Their stance is to share the Estuary with walkers, bird watchers, retriever clubs, and yes waterfowl hunters.

Anyone who hunts the Chemainus Estuary can you drop me a PM or email so I can compile where the hunting is usually conducted, point of access, and any questions or concerns you may have.

marc@huntingbc.ca

Gunner
06-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Thats excellent news for you Island hunters!The habitat will be protected and hunting will continue,it's a win win scenario! Cheers,Gunner

Gope
06-21-2009, 03:46 PM
just spoke with a buddy of mine about this, apparently the reserve that is right beside the estuary is planning on disputing the sale of land. because they where not informed of the sale? do they have any legal ground? and could that bring any thing good or bad to what has happened?