PDA

View Full Version : cabelas meindl boots

brenden
06-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey guys. I've been wearing Canada pro's for years now and I love them. I've also bought Makalu pro's as well and love them too. My question is: is the Cabalas Alaskan meindl the same quality as the others? It looks to me like a Glockner with "Cabelas" stamped in the leather. The guys who sell them in the stores around here (for 500 bucks)are saying the cabelas version is sub-standard and made to different quality specs. I think they are full of 5hit but just wanted to check with guys that have owned the Cabelas version. If you have a pair or know someone who has how are they holding up? Be nice to hear from guys who have had both.

Brenden

boxhitch
06-17-2009, 07:25 PM
The Cabelas Canada or Alaskan models I have seen are not up to the same standard as Canada Pros. That doesn't mean they aren't worth what you pay for them.

yukon john
06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
cabelas give meindls ( or any other brand ) a price and they have to make a product to match that so yes they do cut corners

Spokerider
06-17-2009, 08:07 PM
I have Canada Pro's......like'em so far.....

Assuming that the Cabelas version are inferior, what kind of "corners" would Meindl cut to meet cost?

06-17-2009, 08:12 PM
I`ve got a pair of the cabelas version and some original meindles. I see nothing wrong with the cabelas version. I haven`t had the Cabelas ones as long the others so I don`t know if they`ll last as long but so far they have been great, except of course for the standard issue super crappy insoles that seem to come with either.

twoSevenO
06-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Have Cabela's Meindl Perfekt Hunter model. The boots are SOOOOOO comfortable. Paid $250 USD for them at their Lacey store and well worth the money.

The only complaint i have is that they should have at least a little bit of a guard at the toes. There is some wear from rocks. Other then that i find they really are perfect for me, especially considering the price.

Everett
06-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I have had both and the Cabelas actualy lasted a little longer. The product backup is way better than you will get from AJ brooks not impressed with there customer service. Moved on to Kennetreks and they kick meindel but.

UWAY Outdoors Canada
06-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I have both Cabelas Meindl Canada and Perfect. They have both lasted several years and have many more to go. I am faithful with waxing them after a couple hikes or one hunt and can asure you this will make them last soooo much longer. I like Cabelas return policy and customer service; that is why I bought from them instead of the same/similar boot elsewhere.

SHACK
06-18-2009, 09:22 PM
You hit the nail on the head, add stamp and away Cabelas goes! I could tell NO difference between the Glockners and the Alaska hunters I purchased. I was told by a Miendl rep the only difference is the insulation that cabelas puts in the alaska hunters (glockners are uninsulated)
I have had them for a year, used quite a bit, and they look like new, feel awsome and are worth every penny...period.
The Cabelas warrenty is worth it alone, any problems and they will make it right.

Goliath
06-18-2009, 11:03 PM
The Cabelas warrenty is worth it alone, any problems and they will make it right.

BINGO, you nailed it.

My Cabela Canada Pro's have been awesome to date (3 hard seasons). Stiff where they need to be, waterproof, easy entry/exit, German speed laces, bla bla bla. Some folks hate them, but they've performed above my expectations. Granted, there are several excellent boots on the market and I wouldn't say these are the best in the world, but the price and satisfaction policy always keeps me coming back to Cabelas.

PS. as far as I know, Cabelas is the only Meindle distributor in the USA.

ibehuntin
06-18-2009, 11:49 PM
I have a pair of Alaska Pro Hunters from Cabelas. They have been great boots. I've had them for 3 years and put lots of miles on them. Take care of the leather with regular treatments and they should last along time. However the next pair of boots I buy will probably be Hanwags, not because I don't like my Meindls I just think the Hanwags are better.

Hunt'n Guide
07-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I've had both the Meindel Canada Pro and Cabelas badged Meindel Alaska Guide boots. The "real" Meindel boots seemed to be better quality. They certainly lasted extremely well whereas the Cabelas boots are pretty tired after one season of guiding.

Spokerider
07-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I have had both and the Cabelas actualy lasted a little longer. The product backup is way better than you will get from AJ brooks not impressed with there customer service. Moved on to Kennetreks and they kick meindel but.

Just to borrow the topic for a moment if I may.......

Everett, what did you like about the Kenetreks over the Meindl's?

Everett
07-09-2009, 06:46 PM
The Kennetreks fit like a glove first day no break in. I have always neaded 5 or 6 hard hikes to break in Meindel boots both Cabelas version and the Normal ones. The kennetreks are considerbly lighter as well but the big thing for me is when you wear the sole out (usually one year for me) you send them back to kennetrek in montana with $80bucks and they relace the sole and the rand. As a result of the way I walk, my weird shaped feet plus I have had my right right foot smashed up pretty bad and the fact that I live in hiking boots means I wear out alot of boots so I have tried most major brands and the kennetreks are the best yet. The Meindels are definety the second best Raichle would be a distant third. I have heard great things about Han-Wag's as well and would not hesitate to buy them as well. The Kennetreks are just nice to walk in mayby I will change my mind after this years hunting trips but at this point I don't think so.

HD95
07-10-2009, 04:22 PM
x2 on the kenetreks.Excellent high quality mountain hunting boot.Do a search,you'll be hard pressed to find any negative reports on these boots.

srupp
07-10-2009, 04:34 PM
I have the Meindel Canadas..from CABELLAS..exellent and STILL going

steven