PDA

View Full Version : Chessies Need Your Help

HighTideChessies
06-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Chesapeake Bay Retriever Relief & Rescue (CBRR&R) is in need of help right now. 18 new purebred chessies came into rescue in the past couple of weeks. Here is a link to the story:

http://www.cbrrescue.org/Midwest10/LetterToSupporters.htm

The organization is US based, but as the Director for Western Canada I can assure you we work throughout Canada & the US and borders become invisible when it comes to helping dogs. We have also placed a number of dogs from the US in working and family homes here in BC. We've been hit hard in the past few weeks and any help is much appreciated.

Warning - some of the photos are graphic if you follow the links to the stories. There is info online about making donations etc. There are also links on the website about available dogs and other ways to help CBR Rescue - including foster care, donations (dog food, equipment etc.)

We breed occasional litters here at HighTide but we're also very active in Rescue. What really got to me with this recent story and rescue is the 5 month old puppies. Our last litter of pups just turned 5 months and most tip the scales at 50-60 pounds. One of the pups from this last rescue is only 16 pounds and it breaks my heart. Heck, Marshall was at least that heavy at 9 weeks when he went home with Marc.

Anything you can do to help is much appreciated and if you're thinking of adopting a chessie, CBRR&R is a great organization.

Thanks for your help.
Gayle Brady
CBR Relief & Rescue

Marc
06-17-2009, 08:34 PM
The dogs in the worse condition are three five month old puppies (one male and two females). The male puppy weighs only 16 lbs., the females 30. Since the puppies are so underweight, and would most likely not have strong immune systems, they were taken immediately to the vet so they could be kept in an isolation kennel while their immune systems build up. Wow that is so sad. Marshall was 18 1/2 lbs when he came home at 9 weeks of age and 55 lbs at 5 months. This is such a sad thing to see with any breed of dog.

You can count me in for $50 Gayle, hate to see animals being treated like this and hopefully they all find a good hunting home.

If anyone out there is looking for a Chesapeake bay retriever rescue dog Gayle is the person to contact for the West coast of Canada. She is one dedicated lady to the breed and her dogs.