PDA

View Full Version : Global TV tonight Grizz Cubs

huntinnewbie
06-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Saw a trailer this morning regarding the rearing and release of orphaned grizzly cubs. Will be on the news tonight.
I am of two thoughts.
1./ these bears will have become habituated to human presence and through a loss of fear and respect will simply grow up to be problem bears.
2./ Do to their association with humans they will be more comfortable around them and therefore less agressive in their behavior as they know we won't hurt them.

I am leaning towards theory #1
I wonder what they could do to insure a healthy respect for humans when they are raising these cubs. You may have to be cruel to be kind in this case. I would be scaring the bezeesus out of them once in awhile so that when they are released they want nothing to do with humans.
Should be an interresting show.

RiverBoatFantasy
06-17-2009, 07:28 AM
We should have never gotten to the point of release of grizzly cubs into the wild.

The cubs should have been left alone to live or die.

Selfish experimentation and human meddling based upon excess emotion and misguided lobby efforts.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Stick some collars on them and haul the up to the Khutzmateen. Give the frequency to an anti biologist so they can recover the collars after some big boar kills and eats them.

Money well spent:roll:

SSS