PDA

View Full Version : mtn goat help?

NoLimit99
06-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Was wondering were a guy could start looking for a mtn goat near region 2. I've wanted to go for one but after doing alot of scouting close to me I still can't find any? Any ideas of were a guy could at least look for one for a future hunt. Any help would be appreciated

gerrygoat
06-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Talk to a biologist in the region on what areas have good populations or do it the traditional way suck up to oldtimers :)

jml11
06-16-2009, 09:13 PM
As a starting point, do a search on guide outfitters in Region 2 to see which territories hunt goats. The GOABC website lists three.

Big Boar Outfitters (Harrison area), Coastal Inlet Adventures (Powell River Area) and North Coast Adventures (MU's 2-14 and 2-15 or everything north of Powell River. There a probably more who aren't members of GOABC.

Big Boar outfitters is owned/operated by prolific goat/sheep guide Abe Dougan. His website shows his territory extending through the fraser valley and north into the squamish/whistler area as well but the IMAP database only shows the Harrison Area owned by him (other area showed no records??). Unfortuntaley Big Boar outfitters territory is very large and there is no indication of where they take their goats...

NoLimit99
06-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the help based on the directions i've been heading east when I should be heading in the north-west area's.

06-16-2009, 11:03 PM
There is no open season or LEH for Goat in Harrison Reg 2 area, You must head further north to reg. 3 or head West to Powell River Reg 2 area, Sunshine coast.
CT

jml11
06-17-2009, 08:33 AM
There is no open season or LEH for Goat in Harrison Reg 2 area, You must head further north to reg. 3 or head West to Powell River Reg 2 area, Sunshine coast.
CT

I guess that should be your first check before looking into the guide outfitters...looking at the regs your limited to MU- 2-5, 2-6 and 2-12 to 2-15, so basically draw a line from Gibsons to Squamish to Whistler and it is everything to the northwest of that! However there are closed areas in 2-6 and 2-12 so look through the maps. Looks like all the easy access areas in 2-6 are closed to Goat hunting. Only one LEH Zone 2-11 Zone A but the odds are ridiculous for a goat draw. Might want to look into Region 3 goat hunts as Curly Top indicated...no Open seasons but plenty of LEH

silvertipp
06-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Look into squamish river ,lots of hikeing some closed area fairely good for goat
powell lake lots of goat bad acces
Good luck