PDA

View Full Version : Stolen trailcam

XMD70
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Went to check my trailcam yesterday, only to discover it had been stolen. Not a real expensive unit, but I'm still out a hundred dollars and a little miffed about it. It was a half hour walk from the closest vehicle access where my buddies and I had built a tree stand a few years back. Pretty sure I know who swiped it, but cannot prove it. So much for honor among hunters.
I've never come across anyone elses trailcam, but if I did there's no way I'd swipe it. They might see a few inexpected images on the chip, but only for a few laughs.

killman
06-15-2009, 09:55 PM
$hitty deal. Hard to believe $hit heads would actually walk that far. Was that around here?

Ambush
06-15-2009, 10:04 PM
What type and model? Any identifying marks?

We put some out a few years ago and one was stolen pretty quick. It sucks because that was the one that had been getting the best pics. I've been pretty carefull ever since.

wolverine
06-15-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm fortunate that I do most of my hunting on a ranch owned by friends of mine and I put my trail cam out and don't worry about it much but I would never put it out on crown land. Honor and decency is at a premium these days. Sorry to hear you got ripped off.

gamehunter6o
06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Sounds like you need hidden camera watching that camera. Be great photos on this thread.

mynameispete
06-15-2009, 10:33 PM
That's BULLSHIT

sawmill
06-15-2009, 10:40 PM
ARRRRRGGGHHH
Be nice if you could wire it up to a grenade.You would lose the cam but....you already lost it

But you would have LOTS of DNA stuck to the trees!

BlacktailStalker
06-16-2009, 10:39 AM
That sucks. Lost a $500 one 3 years ago.
I choose less travelled trails now.

Ron.C
06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Yep, it's a piss off that's for sure. And it doesn't matter how much $$$ your out, it's still frustrating.

I had a treestand, steps, bowhanger stolen last year. But you can't let it slow you down or stop you from doing what you love to do. Like Blacktailstalker said, try and choose less travelled areas. But if you have a hot spot that isn't that out of the way, you will always be risking theft. Unfortunate part of the game these days.

proguide66
06-16-2009, 12:02 PM
That does suck shit bad!.........I have 6 of em now and the only culprit to mess with them is bears. Is there a chance a bear took it?...might be laying near by??.....I think if I was to put mine in an area where there was a chance someone might see/grab it I would deffinitely put one high up and ON the trail cam....would be SWEET to catch a scuzbag thief.
I remember yrs back wondering how to make a crab that blew up upon contact with boiling water...and blow up the dick that was hitting my traps..haha....maybe have a built in swithc on the trail cam that if not swithched would blow up upon retreival of the smd card..haha.......
This trail cam thieving 'thing' seems to be pretty common this year...I'll bet big $ some one on here at least KNOWS some one who has pinched one and stay's tight lipped.....:roll:

Jagermeister
06-16-2009, 12:44 PM
So, what measures did the thief have to overcome to make off with the camera?

TheDuckinator
06-26-2009, 03:30 PM
I gotta say I like that grenade idea :twisted: but how do you rig a crab to explode? Thats some major 007 stuff right there