PDA

View Full Version : Best Smokies EVER

adamgarbett
06-14-2009, 08:59 AM
I just got my jalapeno swiss bear smokies back on friday. I have been eating them for every meal since haha. Theres nothing like shutting up ALL the haters as soon as they take their first bite:lol:. My one buddy didnt want anything to do with bear meat at all until he tryed the smokies friday night, Then guess who went hunting the next day trying to get his own bear. All I can say is Jens @ Paradise meats is a master at his trade!

bigwhiteys
06-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Theres nothing like shutting up ALL the haters as soon as they take their first bite:lol:. My one buddy didnt want anything to do with bear meat at all until he tryed the smokies friday night, Then guess who went hunting the next day trying to get his own bear.

I will confess, I've been pretty vocal about my distaste for black bear meat... However a few weeks ago I helped a neighbor with his bear, skinning and quartering... After we were done he cooked up a bear sausage from his bear the previous year.

It was actually really good... I wasn't even able to tell it was bear and he said he mixed it 90% bear and 10% pork!!! So, I CAN stand the smokies for now... :) Not sure about a steak yet.

Carl

bsa30-06
06-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Funny how everybody is a critic until they try it , then they realize they like it.I had pepperoni made a few years ago, and put some in the fridge, dont think it even lasted 30 min before it was gone and the kids were lookin for more.I brought some to work and had the same results everybody loved it so i finally told them what it was,now i practically get begged to get some more made.

mark
06-14-2009, 12:40 PM
I will confess, I've been pretty vocal about my distaste for black bear meat... However a few weeks ago I helped a neighbor with his bear, skinning and quartering... After we were done he cooked up a bear sausage from his bear the previous year.

It was actually really good... I wasn't even able to tell it was bear and he said he mixed it 90% bear and 10% pork!!! So, I CAN stand the smokies for now... :) Not sure about a steak yet.

Carl

Carl, Take some good cuts from a bear, trim ALL the fat and bone from it, marinade for a couple days, and bar-b-que to perfection!
You will be sold on it, most wont even know what kind of meat it is!
Its all in the head for most people!
Well prepared hams are awesome also!