PDA

View Full Version : High Country Tine

blackbart
06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Was out in the high country today and saw two Mulie bucks working their way up into the alpine. One was fat already and his antlers were past his ears and starting to curve up. The other one was not quite as nice, but looked to have potential given some time.

Also saw a few goats, including a little beggert that must of only been a day or two old.

For the bear hunters saw two bruins, one very large black one and a medium sized brown one together. Suspect that they may have been getting jiggy, but did not catch them in the act! Have never bought a bear tag, but the boar would make many here drool.

On the way to the high country I managed to see my first fawn of the year trotting along at it mothers heals.

scallywag
06-12-2009, 09:57 PM
when i came home today i saw a buck in velvet that could have been the four point runnning around my hood.. then when i went for a mountain bike ride i saw a doe with the two happiest curious fawns i have ever seen (it warmed a spot in my heart)

Kody94
06-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Was out in the high country today and saw two Mulie bucks working their way up into the alpine. One was fat already and his antlers were past his ears and starting to curve up. The other one was not quite as nice, but looked to have potential given some time.

Also saw a few goats, including a little beggert that must of only been a day or two old.

For the bear hunters saw two bruins, one very large black one and a medium sized brown one together. Suspect that they may have been getting jiggy, but did not catch them in the act! Have never bought a bear tag, but the boar would make many here drool.

On the way to the high country I managed to see my first fawn of the year trotting along at it mothers heals.

In the last two days, I've seen a whitetail doe and same-day-old fawn, a pair of crows have 3 chicks fledging, and a momma skunk parading 8 (yes EIGHT) youngin's...all in my back yard.

Would rather have been hiking around the high country though.

Saw a bull elk in velvet the other day, near Jaffray, that had 4 points on each side already.

lilhoss
06-13-2009, 07:45 AM
You all paint a wonderful visual picture,...doesn't anyone own a camera?you know us men, we are creatures of visual response.lol.It is great that ugly winter is gone.Lots 'o critters around now.

Fisher-Dude
06-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Saw a bull elk in velvet the other day, near Jaffray, that had 4 points on each side already.

Another illegal bull. You guys need a 3 point season. :wink:

Kody94
06-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Another illegal bull. You guys need a 3 point season. :wink:

I think this one's gonna make it to six! It was right beside the highway and a main FSR junction...you wouldn't even have to get your truck muddy. :p ;)

Cheers
4Ster