PDA

View Full Version : bird flu

ruger#1
11-27-2005, 01:02 AM
would be nice if the government would recognize that the duck hunters do there part in controlling the bird flu, by keeping the migratory bird populations down,but there needs to be more hunters,when i was younger we never herd of the bird flu, there were lots of hunters to keep it balanced. now that it is unbalanced and all the bleeding hearts can suffer. because they do not want hunting.

huntwriter
11-27-2005, 06:40 AM
would be nice if the government would recognize that the duck hunters do there part in controlling the bird flu, by keeping the migratory bird populations down,but there needs to be more hunters,when i was younger we never herd of the bird flu, there were lots of hunters to keep it balanced. now that it is unbalanced and all the bleeding hearts can suffer. because they do not want hunting.

Very well said the "poor bamby" mentality of the city people have caused many havocs amongst wildlife and people plus cost the tax payers millions of $ every year in damage contol. Like trapping beaver in the Langley area is done by professional and very expensieve "wildlife experts" instead of the commonsense to use trappers and give them an oportunity to make a buck or two and actually would pay the town in form of licence fees. Ahhh, the insanity of politics and political correctness.:roll:

stanway
11-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Ahhh, the insanity of politics and political correctness.:roll:

Amen to that.

Fred
11-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Even worse is the hundreds of thousands of Crows flitting around unchecked and unhunted. These are also spreaders of bird flu as well as West Nile.
I was saying to Ex the other day that some smart fellow should approach the Muni about discretely removing crows from the food chain and getting a bounty of maybe a twoney per crow! Work at night with a red light and a high quality air rifle Could be a good gig! ;) Fred