PDA

View Full Version : Help!

ROM
06-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi Folks:

I was wondering if I could impose upon you to share your way of canceling your tags. I hear about people getting tickets for not doing it right and I wonder if anyone has a system they would mind sharing.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

R

boxhitch
06-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Stay within the lines

danfloris
06-04-2009, 07:15 AM
last yea i got a speech by the game w ardent for not cutting my tags "properly" even though to me they we cut great i cut them with a knife and looked pretty obvious to me, it was area 2 and antlered and the date, but the guy insists that i carry a small pair of scissors in my truck or quad so i can cut the tags prefect.

so don't just rip them out with your fingers and don't use a dull knife, it only takes a power tripping CO a second to give you ticket cause its not perfect.

tomahawk
06-04-2009, 07:20 AM
My partner and I have a pair of good scissors in our back packs.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-04-2009, 07:23 AM
I keep a micro-mini Leatherman in my pack with a sharp pair of scissors...just for that task.

Of course, I have not been stopped in over 15 years so who knows if I'm doing it right:-?

SSS

Ruger4
06-04-2009, 08:18 AM
[quote=Stone Sheep Steve;466617]I keep a micro-mini Leatherman in my pack with a sharp pair of scissors...just for that task.

x2

Steeleco
06-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Like SSS I've never been stopped, post cutting, but I can't believe if it's cut with a knife how a guy could give you grief??

Caveman
06-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Use your teeth!! LOL! We're not surgeons here for Christ sakes

RiverOtter
06-04-2009, 08:55 AM
My brother got a bunch of grief a couple seasons ago for not cutting his tags deep enough, even though it was plain as day, what region, month and day his bear was shot. Being required to pack scissors on a hunting trip is ridiculous. If the date, month, region and antlered/antlerless is cut within the lines, you have done your part. Petty crap like that puts CO's in a bad light, and I'm glad most use common sense.

Rob
06-04-2009, 09:04 AM
1) Shoot the animal
2) measure the rack
3) Cut the tag (if happy with measuring):eek:

Joking! I use a sharp knife.

RiverBoatFantasy
06-04-2009, 09:09 AM
The CO's that I have encountered are bureaucratic bullies operating within the confines of an underfunded, toothless regime.

Be polite and smile, challenge them every step of the way.

I would not be surprised to see major portions of the environment ministry cut- just like your tag.

This province is broke and has future debt obligations that are impossible to fund.

Take a good look at Gordon Campbell's face. Hydrogen Highway be damned!

Chuck
06-04-2009, 10:12 AM
And remember son......below the belt, always hit'em below the belt!
Geeeezzzzzzzzzz!

Ron.C
06-04-2009, 11:04 AM
The CO's that I have encountered are bureaucratic bullies operating within the confines of an underfunded, toothless regime.

I would not be surprised to see major portions of the environment ministry cut- just like your tag.

This province is broke and has future debt obligations that are impossible to fund.

jesussss, I think someone needs a timout to relax:lol:

Anyway, I have never been checked by a CO after recently taking game, but the encounters I have had have all been good. And as many above do, I use the sissors on my leatherman to cut my tags

abbyfireguy
06-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Always used a razor sharp knife until last year. Cut my finger real good and bled all over the tag. As luck would have it a CO happened by 30 minutes later and started giving me grief about blood on the tag. I asked him if he could see all the relevant data he needed. He said yes so I told him to bugger off and let me finish fixing my finger that was still pouring blood out..
He gave me some mumbled BS about being more careful next time I told him again to bugger off as nicely as possible and he obliged .
Knob of a guy with ego to match,sad really. I was only mad at myself till he showed up !!:x
I now have a new pair of scissors in the fanny pack ready to do the deed without blood letting...

oldtimer
06-04-2009, 05:53 PM

What an intelligent post !!!
Most CO's have a tough job and do it well. Cut your tage within the lines with a sharp knife or a small pair of scissors like I have on my leatherman.
Mike

NaStY
06-04-2009, 06:10 PM

Sooner or later your just going to have to cheer up.........

Or not:roll:.....

I havent been stopped yet neither. I use a sharp knife and my leather sheath....

yukon john
06-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I keep a micro-mini Leatherman in my pack with a sharp pair of scissors...just for that task.

Of course, I have not been stopped in over 15 years so who knows if I'm doing it right:-?

SSS
x2 I have got a leatherman wave with scissors its hard using a knife especially when its cold or wet

yukon john
06-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I was going to be a co but they kicked me outta school when they found out my parents were married