PDA

View Full Version : PAL application questions

huntinnewbie
06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
After waiting a coule of days short od 60 days and checking online many times, I decided to phone regarding my application status.
Spoke to a lady RCMP back east who said she had some questions and wasn't able to get hold of me.
She basically re-asked all the questions I had answered on the form regarding, marriage break up, loss of job, suicidal thoughts etc. And also double checked my references regarding how long I had known them. I am assuming this is because I am applying for both non-restricted and restricted.
She is now forwarding my application to the chief firearms officer.
Does everyone go through this or was I singled out for some reason or was I just one of those applications that gets pulled for more questions?
Just wondering what everyone's else experiences have been?

Roots
06-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Went through exactly the same thing...so did my friends... that's just part of the process... you'll most likely get your PAL/RPAL in a couple of weeks... good job for applying for the restricted as well ... ;-) http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

bighornbob
06-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I am assuming it is your first time applying. if it is I would say that is why they asked the same questions.

BHB

Everett
06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
This happened to me just recently when I upgraded to restricted. When I questioned her on it she told me the CFC was worried about the amount of people in Alberta and BC who were applying for restricted. It seems there has been a deluge of people upgrading there licenses.

06-02-2009, 02:29 PM
When I questioned her on it she told me the CFC was worried about the amount of people in Alberta and BC who were applying for restricted.

WTF is that all about? Where Canadian citizens of obvious good character and they want to question our intentions of owning private property. That fact they are worried is a reason in itself to do it, after all, IF THEY HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! :)

Everett
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I can still taste the blood in my mouth from chomping down on my tongue.

MichelD
06-03-2009, 08:23 AM
That is standard procedure when you apply for restricted.

"she told me the CFC was worried about the amount of people in Alberta and BC who were applying for restricted."

That may be her personal opinion, but everybody gets phoned and asked the same questions again.

huntinnewbie
06-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks for all the info regarding my PAL application. I feel better knowing that everyone goes through the same process.

headhunter257
06-08-2009, 05:48 PM
yea it took me year and half to get my pal and i had to call them and do the same thing

huntinnewbie
06-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Got it in the mail on Wednesday. Once I had actually taked to a real person back East it came within a week! Cool!!!