PDA

View Full Version : princeton whitetails

dino
05-30-2009, 08:27 AM
ANYONE HAVE ANY advise for bow hunting early season whitetails around the princeton area. I have no idea where to go other than crown land on the outskirts of some farmland.

gary murray
06-05-2009, 09:14 AM
There is one area that i know off that everybody hunts and that's a road called Whipsaw. I've never hunted it myself but people i know that go over that way in the fall go into the Whipsaw area. It's heavily hunted though but there are lots of elk, moose and deer in that area. I'll try and get ahold of a friend of mine that's from Princeton and ask him. Maybe call the C.O. office too or a butcher shop in the area. My girlfriend works in a butcher shop and whenever a game animal is brought in they have to tell them where it was shot for the C.O.'s records.

wolverine
06-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Hunting's worst kept secret.... the Whipsaw. I'm surprised that there are any deer left in that area at all with all the guys that hunt that area. Mind you, gotta get off your groceries and get out and walk, find a spot that looks good and watch.

gary murray
06-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Hunting's worst kept secret.... the Whipsaw. I'm surprised that there are any deer left in that area at all with all the guys that hunt that area. Mind you, gotta get off your groceries and get out and walk, find a spot that looks good and watch.
I know. Talk to anyone that hunts Princeton, It's usually the Whipsaw that comes out of their mouth. I hate to think what the ratio is at for hunter to deer, elk and moose. Because of all the hunters you will need to hunt it hard and like you said, get up and walk off the beaten path. The animals are there but are constantly being pushed from all the hunting pressure and i mean pressure.

danfloris
06-06-2009, 07:13 AM
if you are gonna look for white tails i wouldnt bother going into the whipsaw. there are a lot of muliews but for what ive see few white tails. im not sure where they are up there but honestly ive hunted the area by foot and quad and ive only seen 4 white tail up there last year talked to a guy thats been up there for 15 years and never see one at all.