PDA

View Full Version : Pelican canoes

Rob
05-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Thinking of picking up a cheaper canoe.I was in Wholesale today and they carry Pelican Canoes, I was looking at the Colorado 15.6', It will be pretty much used for lakes and some easy river stuff. Ive got a 200 gc so the canoe would be $450 pl tax. Anyone have this canoe or any input?? Thanks in advance. Rob

GoatGuy
05-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Watch the classifieds if you've got the time. Plenty of deals to be found right now.

wetcoastwillie
05-28-2009, 05:09 PM
I had a Pelican 165.... sold it on here last year.

It was a good canoe but $650 sounds like a lot....

I'd look around.... craigslist.ca, castanet.ca, etc.

IIRC they are a division of Coleman.

Rob
05-28-2009, 05:40 PM
I had a Pelican 165.... sold it on here last year.

It was a good canoe but $650 sounds like a lot....

I'd look around.... craigslist.ca, castanet.ca, etc.

IIRC they are a division of Coleman.

I think they've replaced Coleman

troutseeker
05-28-2009, 06:48 PM
You should buy my Frontiersman... It's been sitting around not being used for a few years. Fiberglass, 17 feet I think comes with two paddles. I fixed a few spot on it two years ago and they need sanding and coating (to make it pretty, it floats very well).

$200 and it's yours. :-)

Troutseeker

Slime green cat
05-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Might be a bit more $$$ than you want to spend, but have a look at these http://www.nucanoe.com/
Watch some of the video's .... very slick little boat . I like how you can configure the seating and rod holders etc ... and how you can row it, paddle it or throw a motor on it .
Stable, unsinkable ... couldn't ask for a better canoe/kayak imo :grin:
The 12 ft is $1200 and the 10's are $1100 .

I am going to demo one this summer at Hellman canoes in Nelson, and I will probably end up coming home with one :biggrin: