PDA

View Full Version : georgiaboy

georgiaboy
05-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Guys And Gals, Brand new member to your forum I would like to say first B.C. and Western Canada is Awsome! Beautiful country and friendly people. I have hunted in Canada 5 times in Ten years for deer yet to take an animal had plenty of chances just not the right animal. The trip and scenery always makes me want to return.
I would appreciate any advice on Winter kills and deer numbers in areas 7-31 7-22 7-21. Both mulie and whitetail. I hunted near Chetwynde in 07 and was impressed by the deer I saw. I know there have been some bad kills in some areas and looking for advice of where to persue in this area. Thanks in advance for any ideas

sawmill
05-29-2009, 04:44 AM
We are sworn to secrecy until you post a joke and say where you are at.Sorry dude,it`s the rules.Welcome to the site!

Mik
05-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Sounds like you're ready to move up here. Welcome aboard.

bridger
05-29-2009, 05:40 AM
had a long cold winter up here lots of -30 degrees but got a break for a few days in january that saved a lot of deer. mule deer took a bit of a hit whitetails fared better. which outfitter did you hunt with?

georgiaboy
05-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Yes Mik if I was a bit younger or much richer I would definitely consider moving. Coastal Georgia is beautiful but the mountains of Canada sure have a pull on me.

georgiaboy
05-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Bridger I hunted with Moberly River. Great guide but outfitter not prepared to hunt 7-32. As I stated I saw plenty of game but did not get to hunt the more remote regions. Outfitter spent most of the actual hunting time on one 1/4 section surrounded by public roads. We spent some time riding in the bush and saw some good places but didn't get to hunt them.
Stopped by the taxidermist in Charlie Lake for a visit. The Peace River breaks are beautiful. Considering hunting 7-31 or 22 if i can get with a good outfit. Thanks

05-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Consider the Peace region in Alberta too. Lots of nice mulies there.

huntwriter
08-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Welcome georgiaboy. With a handle like yours I assume you're either from the country Georgia or the U.S. state Georgia. If the later is the case then you do not live in a bad area either what hunting and the beauty of the land is concerned.

Been there many times and absolutely love it. The hospitality of the people is hard to beat down south, or what I call the "real America". :mrgreen:

d6dan
08-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Guys And Gals, Brand new member to your forum I would like to say first B.C. and Western Canada is Awsome! Beautiful country and friendly people. I have hunted in Canada 5 times in Ten years for deer yet to take an animal had plenty of chances just not the right animal. The trip and scenery always makes me want to return.
I would appreciate any advice on Winter kills and deer numbers in areas 7-31 7-22 7-21. Both mulie and whitetail. I hunted near Chetwynde in 07 and was impressed by the deer I saw. I know there have been some bad kills in some areas and looking for advice of where to persue in this area. Thanks in advance for any ideas
My Brother works for the highways, I'll send you a PM, ps. don't be a bad guy cause everyone that hunts up there knows him.:roll:
Oh ya, Where's the Joke?. Where did you go to english class?. spell...Chetwynd. easy.