PDA

View Full Version : Sitka gear - anywhere to be found?

bullmagnum
05-28-2009, 02:44 AM
I'm looking to buy some good rain pants and jacket. Was thinking of going with some sitka stuff, since ive heard lots of good things about it. Trouble is, no where in victoria seems to carry it (that I can find). I would just order it online, however, when buying cothing ive learned its best to try it on first :s If anyone knows anywhere on the lower island (nanaimo and south) that sells sitka clothing, please do tell :D

Also, if anyone has any other reccomendations for outer shell rainpants/jackets (prefereably camo but, most important, quiet) that they have experience with, im open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Wild Images
05-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Kevin Willis from Riverjet Adventures is a dealer for Sitka Gear, try and contact him through the Riverjet website

huntcoop
05-28-2009, 08:51 AM
And ya better clear off that credit card 'cause your gonna need space.

dutchie
05-28-2009, 09:19 AM
I would do a search and talk to people that have owned the gear... I remember one user one here spent $1000 for pants a jacket and a shirt and hated it...

I have never used the stuff my self but I think that there are some products that are the same quality for 1/2 the price, or so I have been told.

dutchie

bullmagnum
05-28-2009, 11:11 AM
In that case, anyone mind telling what they use for raingear?

ryanb
05-28-2009, 11:41 AM
For the mountains, I'd go with some quality gore-tex gear, climbing stuff from arc-teryx or mountain hardware. Sorry, but most hunting clothing is junk in comparison.

Slee
05-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Just wait till the Nanaimo WSS opens. They carry the stuff. I have looked at it but personaly didnt think it was worth the money. More of a fad because thats what some of the big name hard core hunters are using now...... But I do know some guys that love the stuff.....

Jetboater
05-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I used the downpour from Sitka last year and it worked out awesome... I am selling mine because I shrunk....but will be getting new stuff pretty quick....

pitbell
05-28-2009, 02:39 PM
The new Sitka Stormfront and Coldfront series is now using Gore-tex performance shell, and Gore-tex Softshell.

open-sights
05-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Go into Island Outfitter, tell Steve (gun counter great guy) to order what you want from Korth and it will be delivered within a week. Otherwise order from Reliable, Grouse River or Omineca source for sports, all have some inventory right now.

ohno
05-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Grouse River carries Sitka gear and they are a site sponsor.

bullmagnum
05-30-2009, 12:16 AM
too bad grouse rivers website has been down for over a month. Ive tried it on various computers and connections. Whats up with that? I thought maybe I had the addy wrong, but i googled it and tried every link. No go.

open-sights
06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Grouseriver. com is up and running, I have been on many times over the past few weeks, seems fine to me. You could call them as well. '1 877 5 grouse'