PDA

View Full Version : goats in 4-22

blacktail18
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm heading to cranbrook in september i want to put a leh in and was wondering what the goat hunting is like near sulfer creek i heard it was good just wondering if anyone has had any luck around there

ELKOHOLICBC
05-28-2009, 06:58 AM
I've hunted that area for 10 years now and there is a good number of goats up there. My partner filled his tag a while back and every year we see lots of goats. We had another goat tag a couple years back but didn't get up to the goats, every time we were going to go it snowed up top. I see more up the Bull River side though.Get ready to do some hiking.

gbear
05-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Yes, there are a fair number of goats there. I grew up in Kimberley and hunted there a lot every year, but that was many years ago. After I moved away, my dad continued to hunt there. I remember seeing goats pretty much on every trip. I never hunted them back then, but my dad got into that a bit after I moved away and he took a couple nice ones there and took a buddy of his there to get a nice one.

Lots of mountains to look over. Do lots of glassing and be prepared to hike in some unforgiving terrain. Some of it's ok and you can reach the tops of mountains not too bad by going up avalanche chutes. While you're looking for goats you could find a nice big alpine mulie. That's what we were usually after, and often found them higher on the mountain then the goats.