PDA

View Full Version : moose LEH

Maxx
11-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I still have my moose LEH for 3-12 A, tried for 3 days at the start of Nov, big storm seemed to keep them in the bush,

anyone have an idea where abouts in this region the moose go as the snow comes in? It is for any bull.

thanks

Sniper
11-25-2005, 01:22 PM
I was in that general area a week ago and the moose where up high wandering around roads eating willow tips. You should find them at this time of year in any area that has plenty of willows for them to feed on like old burns or logging slashes. I would walk the roads through these area's at dawn and locate good area's by the tracks in the snow, they like to have the brush at least 14 feet tall so they can remain hidden to a certain degree. Best of Luck!

3kills
11-25-2005, 09:39 PM
wich part of 3-12 is 3-12a??

bulls should be up higher right now grouped up gettin there fat back on for winter look for red willow as thats what they like to eat after the rut....i will see if i can help u more when i know where about u are hunting....

Maxx
11-25-2005, 10:27 PM
It is from merrit to the pennask summit, the B zone starts at chapperon creek,

We hunted near pennask lake earlier in the season,

thanks for the help guys

3kills
11-26-2005, 05:51 PM
hmmm pennask is usually pretty good...is lundbom lake in 3-12a??? there is some moose up there but i think u would have better luck somewhere up by pennask...