PDA

View Full Version : Favourite BC Camping Lake / Resort

Ruger4
05-27-2009, 12:09 PM
We pretty much stick to the isolated mountain lakes for our camping but every now and then the kids like the hustle and excitement of family atmosphere campgrounds, for example the docks and swimming area , the playgrounds ,the little store with ice cream and spratley's. We usually head to Beaver Lake outside of Winfield once a year so they can get there fix , where do you like to venture for these destinations................

Rob
05-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Good thread! I just came back from a week in the woods up Chataway. It sure was dusty on the roads with the quads,its too bad all the lakes are mainly fishing lakes. Im looking for a spot for August within a couple hours of here where the kids(5 & 3) can be near freash water for swimming but the dog can still run around.The Prov. sites have too many restrictions.(not taking the quads on this trip). Rob

pointandshoot
05-27-2009, 01:51 PM
try calling sheridan PARK resort. http://sheridanlake.com
i grew up with their son and my family has had a cabin up there for the last 25 years...i couldn't think of a better place to go relax with the family, i'm now 28 and i'm not sick of going up there yet.

Rob
05-27-2009, 02:13 PM
try calling sheridan PARK resort. http://sheridanlake.com
i grew up with their son and my family has had a cabin up there for the last 25 years...i couldn't think of a better place to go relax with the family, i'm now 28 and i'm not sick of going up there yet.

Thanks! Just booked site 14 for a week in Aug! Looks like fun. Rob

Ruger4
05-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Been there many times Rob , you'll enjoy it , fishing is moody but there are still some big rainbows in that Lake :-P:-PAug ?

Rob
05-27-2009, 02:44 PM
LOL Im sure the fishing is a little slow come the middle of August,but Ive got two little kids so its not so much fishing as it is going for a boat ride:lol:. I may take a quad though.

sparkymacker
05-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Been there many times Rob , you'll enjoy it , fishing is moody but there are still some big rainbows in that Lake :-P:-PAug ?

I stayed at one of the resorts there several times, moody is an understatement!!! The frustrating part is the water is so clear you can see them swimming by under your boat and some of them are lunkers! The most effective technique I observed was still fishing with a bobber....believe it or not.

Ruger4
05-27-2009, 04:00 PM
I stayed at one of the resorts there several times, moody is an understatement!!! The frustrating part is the water is so clear you can see them swimming by under your boat and some of them are lunkers! The most effective technique I observed was still fishing with a bobber....believe it or not.

Hi here ya Sparky ,
See Rob , I told ya so , LOL , now you go hook into one of them bad boys and make us proud !! :p Pictures a must , none of these fish stories " ya but you should of seen 'em "
I may have to check my schedule , may have to join you , bring the girls along too , 5 & 7 now !

oddsix
05-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Hey pointandshoot, Where abotus is your cabin there? Our grandpa built one of the first cabins on the lake, were just through the little channel by the big island, where everyone skies. Great place to fish and dirtbike.

stixnstones
05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Sheridan.ya i agree. my parents had a cabin there for many years.its beautiful there.fishin is awesome once u figure it out.

pointandshoot
05-27-2009, 08:21 PM
yeah, they changed the strain of rainbows about 10 years ago and the fishin kinda died off and they stopped putting brookies in *can't remember how long ago*. that being said the fishing has picked up a bit the last few years, i think they started putting in a sterile kamloops black water rainbow which has done quite well. even if the fishing is crappy on sheridan, there are a ton of little lakes in the area that have agressive 2-3 pounders that will pretty much take a bare hook. we're about a 5min walk from the resort on boulenger, and i agree about bringing a dirtbike or atv. the trail system back there is great *just be careful about mountain bikers and hikers in july and august* and carry a map, each trail is very well marked and its amazing how far you can go without being on the road.

bearhunter338-06
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I have a hard time going places in the summer. I am one of the lucky few, my parents bought a summer home here in Sicamous. I step out on my porch and look out over Mara Lake, sip on my morning coffee, and ponder out the day. Come fall I want to find the hidden lakes, camp and relax, maybe rid the quad around the logging roads, looking for moose or deer.

hillclimber
05-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Got a place there too that my grandpa built in the 60's. Sheridan is my favourite lake in BC. Fishing can be a bit tricky at first but once you figure out what they are biting on its like shooting fish in a barrel. The end of July last year we would come home every morning with usually 4-5 fish. I'll be up there first 2 weeks in August this summer and then hopefully head north for moose if LEH gods are good to me.

If anybody needs some fishing tips for Sheridan drop me a PM

Chuck
05-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Well the old lady and I usually pop down to Lake Tahoe then zip over to Reno for our fix.

moosinaround
05-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I love to camp at Carp Lake North of PG, Tatuk Lake SW of PG, Inzana lake N of Ft St James, or for just a long weekend get away Purden lake Prov Park. Francois lake resort is a favourite of ours as well. Most of the time hunting, it is a gravel pit anywhere there is bush!! Moosin

mrdoog
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Well the old lady and I usually pop down to Lake Tahoe then zip over to Reno for our fix.

Gotta love Reno.
Too bad Fitzgeralds closed down; loved the VIP tag they gave you when you stayed there. No more waiting for the Cocktail waitress.

As far as BC resorts I'm partial to Knouff Lake. The lake can be hard to fish; I've taken a some nice fish out of the lake.
Close by are Community and Badger Lakes.

One of my favourite walks is between Badger and Knouff Lakes. Shot some nice bucks out of that area.