PDA

View Full Version : 8-14 LEH Elk (Jan10) Advice?

BillyBull
05-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Have a young fellow that was looking to put a draw into 8-14 for the Christian Valley LEH Anterless Elk in Jan-Feb 2010. The LEH regs list this as private land only. I lived in Westbank in the 70s and did hunt back in the valley but have no current knowledge on if this is a worth while venture.

Was looking for help from the members to see if this is a fair chance at getting an anterless elk and second, would someone be willing to provide any private landowner contacts for seeking approval to hunt on their land. :?:

GoatGuy
05-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I think Mckinney creek adventures are the folks to contact on this. They're sponsors of the site.

www.mckinneycreek.com (http://www.mckinneycreek.com/)

308BAR
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
I think Mckinney creek adventures are the folks to contact on this. They're sponsors of the site.

www.mckinneycreek.com (http://www.mckinneycreek.com)

Mckinney is located in MU 8-1 a little ways away from 8-14.

GoatGuy
05-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Mckinney is located in MU 8-1 a little ways away from 8-14.

I think they know the landowners in that country.

snareman1234
05-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I have seen a heard of about 30 cow elk up the Losthorse FSR, during december. that is in region 8-14

MuleyMadness
05-27-2009, 06:49 PM
McKinney Creek is actually in 8-12 (at least the cabin is) and it's right next door to 8-14. Don't know for sure but I bet Jason the owner might know some folks...but you'd have to ask him. Either way, I bet it's no more then 40Km away so if you get the draw, it's an excellent place to spend the weekend while you're up there.

bowhunterbruce
05-27-2009, 07:10 PM
i have talked to a few landowners in the christian valley and what tends to happen is the majority of the elk have already moved out from there at that time of year,which has been frustrating to the landowners because the elk do alot of damage to thier alpha fields during the regular season.i did talk to one guy just outside of rock creek that has seen them around his ranch during the winter months and he was very receptive one just needs to achive scoreing that elusive tag first though.

BillyBull
05-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Guys, many thanks for the updates... I have passed on the info and he is humming and hawing about maybe trying to get over to region 4 it all depends on his schooling and job. Again, many thanks for the sharing.