PDA

View Full Version : we couldn't keep the brittany spaniel.

duckhunt
05-26-2009, 11:44 PM
we picked up the brittany spaniel on sunday and we had it for less 24 hours.me and my dad picked it up brought it home and showed it around the house everyone loved and it was very smart and it was full of energy. me and my dad took it for a run down in some fields below our house near barnston island and we found some pheasant feathers the dog was amazing in the field.later that night my mom comes down with her eyes all red and she could hardly breathe, so we couldn't keep the dog and we gave it to our friend who hunt's a lot for upland game. giving up the dog was one of the hardest thing's for me especially since i was immediatly attached to her hopefully one day i'll get a brittany spaniel.

hunterofthedeer
05-26-2009, 11:47 PM
im am also allergic to dogs but it doesnt stop me i have had a dog for 15 years now. I find after playing with the dog if you wash your hands and arm your eyes dont get itchy (well for me atleast) sorry to hear about the dog:(

Sasquatch
05-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Sorry to hear your mom is allergic and you had to give the brit up.

There are great hunting dogs that don't shed, so don't usually bother people with allergies. Any of the wirehairs for starters. Maybe try and introduce your mom to one and see if she reacts.

Jimsue
05-27-2009, 09:13 AM
There is a natropath Dr in North Van that can get rid of most alegric reactions, worth a try, it worked for me.

The Hermit
05-27-2009, 09:41 AM
You gave your mom to the neighbor??? Hummmm wonder if the war department is allergic? LOL

twoSevenO
05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
why didn't you keep the dog outside and your mom away from it???
seems simple enough. That's what we do, except my mother isnt allergic, she just hates dogs...

gmcgilli66
05-27-2009, 07:51 PM
we picked up the brittany spaniel on sunday and we had it for less 24 hours.me and my dad picked it up brought it home and showed it around the house everyone loved and it was very smart and it was full of energy. me and my dad took it for a run down in some fields below our house near barnston island and we found some pheasant feathers the dog was amazing in the field.later that night my mom comes down with her eyes all red and she could hardly breathe, so we couldn't keep the dog and we gave it to our friend who hunt's a lot for upland game. giving up the dog was one of the hardest thing's for me especially since i was immediatly attached to her hopefully one day i'll get a brittany spaniel.

DH, Sorry to hear about your mom's allergy! Lucky fellow that rec'd the dog!!
Good luck with finding a breed that your mom is less allergic to!:-(

bow_tech_kaldan
05-27-2009, 08:08 PM
a dog is the the only thing you can lock in the trunk of your car and will be happy to see you when you open up the lid... give the mom to the neibours

Geronimo
06-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Jimsue--Are you talking about Jon Matsen--I went to him for my allergies years ago he was great-I would recommend him as well