PDA

View Full Version : heading for tunkwa

martyonthewater
05-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Looks like myself and a few friends are heading up to tunkwa lake this coming weekend. I'm thinking fish in the morning and bears till dusk. Any advice on productive fsr's to start from? Any advice or cautions are appreciated.

Slime green cat
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I dont have the regs handy to see if wolves are open there this time of year, but if they are, you might want to pick up a tag ..... I friend of mines cousin was up there May long and saw a whole pack of them roaming around ...

Good luck :mrgreen:

hunter1947
05-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Lots of roads in the area ,you should have no prob finding a few blacks in that area.

4 point
05-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Wolf is closed until the fall. Lots of coyotes in that area. Ask the folks at Tunkwa Lake Resort about bears as they are big into hunting come fall. Fishing is picking up and you can check their hunting & fishing reports on their website.

shantz
05-27-2009, 09:50 AM
I was there one the long weekend and there was a 2 year old walking around the provincial campsite on the sunday night and saw a 5 foot bear out toward Ware Lake on the North access road. you can get pretty close cause they are so used to humans and atv's.

The fishing was unreal too. Insane chironomid hatch was on black/red with a white bead.

Good Luck

Machinist
05-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I rode the Crotch Rocket from Ashcroft allong the highland valley rd, last Saturday and seen three blackies allong side the hwy from the Mine site to the Tunkwa road, then two more of them out in a feild on the road from Logan lk to Merritt , so they are definetly wandering around up there .

doubled
05-27-2009, 12:37 PM
There are tonnes of atvs out there so the bears may be in the thick stuff.

BigfishCanada
05-27-2009, 03:20 PM
If your at the resort, Al will tell you where to go, Bit if you drive past the resort and campgroud, head towards savona (Its not far, as youc ome to the farms look on teh right hand side of the roads, gho up in that area, TONS of blacks

martyonthewater
05-28-2009, 06:59 PM
thanks to all for the insight. I am so ready to go I doubt I'll sleep much tonight. I'll be takin the camera so here's to hoping there is something for me to post sun. eve when I return . again, thanks to all

johnk
05-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Biggest population of Blackies in the area can be found on the road into Bose Lake. The moose and bears know to stay close to the No Shooting area.

hunter1947
05-29-2009, 07:03 AM
thanks to all for the insight. I am so ready to go I doubt I'll sleep much tonight. I'll be takin the camera so here's to hoping there is something for me to post sun. eve when I return . again, thanks to all

Looking forwards to the pic when you get back ;).