PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Hunter Host - WMU 7-51

msawyer
05-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Hello all..

I'm looking for a hunter host for two Albertans for a trip into WMU 7-51.. Fly-in, apparently a good area for most big game... I'm thinking late September... moose/caribou would be the focus... Could be good sheep hunting but as non-residents we are not eligible... I am a licenced trapper and own a registered trapline in BC but currently do not qualify for resident status...

PM me if you are interested...

Best regards

Mike
________
buy grinders (http://www.vaporshop.com/grinders)

NaStY
05-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Hello all..

I'm looking for a hunter host for two Albertans for a trip into WMU 7-51.. Fly-in, apparently a good area for most big game... I'm thinking late September... moose/caribou would be the focus... Could be good sheep hunting but as non-residents we are not eligible... I am a licenced trapper and own a registered trapline in BC but currently do not qualify for resident status...

Best regards

Mike

If im not mistaken, you are looking for a "guide" and without a guides license, taking you hunting would be illegal...

4pointhunter
05-26-2009, 05:16 PM
you don't need a guide just a resident

elkdom
05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Hello all..

Best regards

Mike

in order to "accompany without remuneration" on a big game hunt, the non-resident must have the "host hunter" apply for the permits at least 30 days prior to the start of "the Hunt" also species licenses applications must have the hunt host info and the permit number available in order to purchase the non-resident big game species licenses to hunt big game in BC as a non-resident , without use of a licensed GO, I believe the hunter host can only accompany ONE non-resident big game hunter per hunting license year, and the hunter host must be in good standing with the MOE and have held a BC hunting license and Big Game species licenses for 3 out of the last 5 years in BC, if you check page 9 of the 2008-2009 BC hunting regs you can read up on it,,,hunter hosting IS legal, but lots of hoops, and requirements,,,

whitetailsheds
05-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Easy process MSawyer, just as your thread is intended, good luck on finding a couple BC residents to take two of you out. Not many "hoops" at all....start early...

boxhitch
05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Easy process MSawyer, just as your thread is intended, good luck on finding a couple BC residents to take two of you out. Not many "hoops" at all....start early...X2 ........no other BS required.
Good luck with your venture Mike. Maybe trade for a wolf/trapline venture.

msawyer
05-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks for all the input... I was able to hunt with a friend from the Coast last fall up near Dease lake... Absolutely glorious country!! Made me wonder why I've waited so long before seriously considering making the move to "Beautiful" BC...

I understand that while there are some qualifications for the hunter host (that Elkdom has already pointed out) a single hunter host can "host" up to two hunters...

Best regards

Mike
________
aromed vaporizers (http://www.vaporshop.com/aromed-vaporizer.html)

bridger
05-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks for all the input... I was able to hunt with a friend from the Coast last fall up near Dease lake... Absolutely glorious country!! Made me wonder why I've waited so long before seriously considering making the move to "Beautiful" BC...

I understand that while there are some qualifications for the hunter host (that Elkdom has already pointed out) a single hunter host can "host" up to two hunters...

Best regards

Mike

i believe two hunters for a period not to exceed 21 days any species except those on non resident quota. the provincial guides association is lobbying to have these permits shut down, but is meeting some stiff opposition from the bcwf. good luck.