PDA

View Full Version : Vaseaux lake out of Oliver

sfire436
05-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Thinking of heading out that way early june. Anyone had luck there for Bass? I know it will still be a tad early for them. What did you use? What were they biting?

sfire436

lineofsight
05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Two weekends ago saw a fair number of fishermen there when I biked by. Figure if they're there must be something to catch. Cant help you more than that.

todbartell
05-26-2009, 06:17 PM
I fished that lake for a day in 1996, caught SFA. Duck Lake in Creston & Jim Smith Lake in Cranbrook, and a lake near Elko were much more productive

pupper
05-26-2009, 06:29 PM
I dont know about Vaseaux lake, but Osoyoos lake is close by and I have caught alot of bass in there using worms. I have also had sucess with rapalla minnow lures for bass (brown/yellow colour).
Some guys use plastic scented worms or jigging, but real worms always seems to work the best.

Muleycatcher
05-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes, I have fished there quite a bit. I caught my biggest bass ever from there it was 6lbs largemouth, on a buzzbait, I fished it in may and just slayed them..good luck.

GoatGuy
05-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Lots of good spots all over the lake, lots of good fish. Fished it with the fly but usually top water stuff or plastic stuff with gear for largemouth. There's a lot of debris in the water that even 10 lbs tippet doesn't stand a fighting chance.

No motors allowed - other than the east side most of it is pretty under-utilized. Check for closures at the south end in the oxbows until the end of June.

Good luck.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/hbc.JPG

Wild one
05-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Fished it lots with great success .Smallmouth will be good right now using slow moving plastics.Largemouth like warmer water so they may be a little slow at the moment but you can still pick them up in the shallows.There is lots of big bass in that lake and it is my fav spot to fish them.Bring a boat or a canoe or you will not do to well.PM me it you want more info