PDA

View Full Version : May 26, region 3, brother inlaws first bear down

NoLimit99
05-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Well here's how the story goes.

I've been trying to get my brother in law Justin out to go for a bear hunt but he has been very discouraged for the last while, because every time we go out he doesn't see or connect with any thing. I kept on telling him that's hunting but when he does connect, it will be worth the wait and time well spent. Any who so I took him and our wifes out which is totally cool they got involved and I previously scouted out some areas that I know are bear and brought him to a couple of spots. We saw bears but couldn't get at them so we moved on to another spot. At the other spot we were interrupted by a guy in a truck so Fu** that trails out. Took him to one other spot I scouted and we drove right up to a bear as I peaked a hill so that one ran off. I told him to get out but he wasn't ready for it and that one took off and we all got very pissed thinking that was our only chance. Of course my wife got mad at me and said I should go slower so we sucked it up and trudged on. Not 20 seconds later we saw another bear and the stock was on my brother in law and I got out of the truck got ready, and well because the story is long already I'll leave it with he got his first bear. I will say excitement got the best of him because he ran out of bullets and I tossed him my rifle to finish him off. LOL none the less this was a fantastic trip and extremely exciting from start to finish.

Here's the pics of the day.

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/nolimit99/100_2188.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/nolimit99/100_2189.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/nolimit99/100_2190.jpg

todbartell
05-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Road hunting is effective for black bears! :)

NoLimit99
05-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Is that a Kermode bear wearing a ghillie costume?

keep the thread clean and follow the web sights rulez.

moosinaround
05-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Full cammo for road hunting! Excellent!:cool:

Amphibious
05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Well here's how the story goes.

I will say excitement got the best of him because he ran out of bullets and I tossed him my rifle to finish him off.

:shock:

keep the thread clean and follow the web sights rulez.

WTF are "Rulez"?

NoLimit99
05-26-2009, 12:28 PM
:shock:

WTF are "Rulez"?

For you and the others who haven't taken the time to read the rules here ya go.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/announcement.php?f=31

It's what we follow to be a part of a web sight that caters to our excitements, accomplishments and memories and to share them with others. Hope other people dont follow in his foot steps and take a diffrent approach. To all the new members wanting to post dont let others discourage you from posting jelousy is a tough thing to swallow.

Happy posting.

leadpillproductions
05-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Congrads on the bear way to go (HEY A POSITIVE POST )
good an you guys

Derp
05-26-2009, 01:21 PM
lolz at kermode comment,

but seriously congrats on the bear! :)

fester
05-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Congrats man!!!
Bear hunting is the best!!

What kind of rifle is that? The stock looks interesting!

NoLimit99
05-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Congrats man!!!
Bear hunting is the best!!

What kind of rifle is that? The stock looks interesting!

The rifle is 4X4 BOLT ACTION SCOPED Mossberg in the 30-.06. Defiantly eye catching it's down fall though is the magazine it's plastic and cheap although he hasn't had any problems with it. Over all though for the price and performance it's pretty impressive. The action on it is very smooth and it's very light weight. He's happy with it.

fester
05-26-2009, 03:49 PM
The rifle is 4X4 BOLT ACTION SCOPED Mossberg in the 30-.06. Defiantly eye catching it's down fall though is the magazine it's plastic and cheap although he hasn't had any problems with it. Over all though for the price and performance it's pretty impressive. The action on it is very smooth and it's very light weight. He's happy with it.

It looks pretty cool. I think the Tikka's have those plasticy mags too. It does sound cheap but maybe its a bit lighter?

muley kid
05-26-2009, 05:45 PM
you shit MICKEY lol jk

congrats on the bear even if it was ww2

ultramagbob
05-26-2009, 06:36 PM
To all the new members wanting to post dont let others discourage you from posting jelousy is a tough thing to swallow.

Happy posting.[/quote]

Im sure theres no Jelousy as you say:roll:Congrats on the Bear but I'd be asking my Barber for my money back

NoLimit99
05-26-2009, 06:51 PM
To all the new members wanting to post dont let others discourage you from posting jelousy is a tough thing to swallow.

Happy posting.

Im sure theres no Jelousy as you say:roll:Congrats on the Bear but I'd be asking my Barber for my money back[/quote]

LOL I hear ya but to each is own.....

Silentgobbler
05-27-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm actually the guy who took down the bear. As far as the suit, the day wasn't supposed to be road hunting. As far as I was told, he had a spot we were going to and sitting. Not only that, but what my brother in law forgot to mention is that if I didn't have the suit on, the bear would have been long gone. We had to walk 100 yards straight at the bear stopping every time he looked at us. He never saw me coming. Infact, he was hiding behind me during the whole stock to make sure he was as well hidden as I was.

As far as my hair, I didn't think the bear would care if I had done my hair or not. I'll make sure next time to bring my gel with me so I can do my hair for you guys next time. Kinda weird that you're so worried about what my hair looks like though.

hunter1947
05-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Way to go boys ,nice bear.