PDA

View Full Version : Want a bear in MU 3-34?

Billyisgr8
05-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I can show anybody where a good size black bear is hanging out right now, you can probably sit beside your truck and hit it as it seems to like the forestry clearcut. 2 nights in a row approx 7:00pm he's been out. I would guess about a 250+ pound bear ( I can only guess as I have never shot one and weighed it) . It may be 2 bears I saw, one seemed to waddle more than the other one, so not sure if it was the same bear or not. No cubs present anywhere.

FLHTCUI
05-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Does it have a large head when compared to the rest of the body?
Why dont you purchase a tag and shoot him for yourself?
Then youll know exactly how much it weighed ;)
Just funnin with you, but why not take a picture or three and post them here for others to enjoy.
Rob

yote
05-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey Billy Grade 8, you might want to mention where you live.

Billyisgr8
05-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm in Sicamous.

Here is where it is on google maps. 50°50'14.94"N 118°55'16.34"W

It is now a clearcut as of 2 years ago, still treed on google maps though. I will try to get up there to see if I can get a picture soon for you guys.

dutchie
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Hey Billy Grade 8, you might want to mention where you live.

LOL i think that his name is "Billy is Great"

take some photos tonight... we would love to see them!

dutchie

Billyisgr8
05-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Just spent about an hour there again tonight with a camera, and it didn't show, might have been because I was there at 7:30...who knows, but I did go about 3 km's more up the road and off on another trail, and saw a brown colored black bear, he ran as soon as he heard the diesel coming, but I saw him first, no picture, cause my wife was holding the camera, and trying to catch the kids attention in the back of the truck box to look where I was pointing, by the time she was looking forward again, it was gone into the bushes. There was a ton of sign all over the road on this other trail which I havn't been down yet this year cause it dead ends, and when your quading, those are the last ones to go down. On another note though, here we are at 2300 feet, and right on the side of the road a beaver cut down a 10" diameter tree within the past 3 days. what!!!! this is a mountain stream with a serious hike for it to get up here, and a beaver lives up there in the swampy part right beside a culvert with alot of spring runnoff going through it....kinda funny and mind baffling. Did get a picture of that though, just have to make it a even smaller photo though to post it.

Oh Ya it is Billy is Great...just a football nick name that has stuck for 20 years.