PDA

View Full Version : Downed a bear, but pic-less...

rishu_pepper
05-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Well, not much of a story to tell, but here goes.

Went out Friday-Saturday with my buddy. Friday we only saw a sow/cub combo so we camped for the night. Saturday came and gone and we had only seen one and it was spooked as we turned the corner. We were ready to head home, and not one minute after I dozed off while my buddy was driving down the logging road, he yells "BEAR!". I took off with my trusty 7WSM and the bear was already uphill but it looked down at me, giving me a window of opportunity. I popped a freehand 30-35 yarder at its shoulders, and the 140gr TTSX did its job, a good ol' bang flop. The TTSX did a complete pass-through of both shoulders and destroyed the heart.

Here's the catch. My friend took a couple pics of me with the bear, but when I went home and checked them, they were shadowed and blocked out of view :-(

I'll have to describe it to you then. A brownish bear, not big (under 5'). Still, I'm happy I bagged my first bear.

Had a big ol' church BBQ yesterday of 30+ people and served up the bear meat. With a bit of marinade it tasted pretty good, although the hindquarters were a bit tough.

hunterofthedeer
05-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Congrats on the first bear! I wanted to see new bear pics thoses would be some good pics to see;-)

The Hermit
05-25-2009, 09:21 AM
-10 points to your buddy!! Good going Rishu

Derp
05-25-2009, 09:48 AM
congrats! gotta love the church bearbqs!

Ddog
05-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Hey Brian,,,,,how did the knife perform? did you get to use it.
That big sharp SOB should have gone right through that bear.

rishu_pepper
05-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the congrats all.

Daryll, that knife ran through everything! Unbelievable! My friend thought it was great too. Great balance, sharp edge, just the right size. Thanks so much again!

Fisher-Dude
05-25-2009, 12:18 PM
We were ready to head home, and not one minute after I dozed off while my buddy was driving down the logging road, he yells "BEAR!".

Rookie mistake. Dozing while still in a legal hunting area is FORBIDDEN while road hunting. :p

Congrats on having a much keener, more experienced, better prepared, less hung over, and more diligent hunting partner. :wink:

rocksteady
05-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Here's the catch. My friend took a couple pics of me with the bear, but when I went home and checked them, they were shadowed and blocked out of view :-(

Epic fail.....No pictures....Did not happen.....
Bad Rishu..Bad.....

For this you will be barred from the Todbartell Fan Club meetings for at least 3 meetings...So thats 3 days !!!

bsa30-06
05-25-2009, 04:08 PM
I dont believe you.....NO PICS.....sounds kinda funny to me, i guy gets his first bear and has no pics.Whats this fallin asleep crap, maybe you were dreaming about getting your first bear,that explains the no pics.

Congrats Brian i know you waited along time for this.Sounds like a nice bear.

The rest of you guys let this be a lesson......i hear the mods are going to hand out a one week banning for people with no pictures.lol

LeverActionJunkie
05-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Congrats on your bear, if there is one :) :)

Congratulate your buddy on his EPIC FAIL :) :) :) :)

rishu_pepper
05-25-2009, 04:30 PM
I am willing to accept a temp ban for the pic dealie. Honestly if someone else did that, I would lay the e-smack down on him... but alas, technology fails at the most ill-moment...

But hey, at least it tasted good :biggrin:

rocksteady
05-25-2009, 04:51 PM
But hey, at least it tasted good :biggrin:

Did you post any pictures of the meat as it was being consumed at the barbeque??????? Did not think so....Still did not happen....Fail Part Deux !!!!

Don't want pictures of part III where the meat has gone through your system:eek: