PDA

View Full Version : MSR Zoid 2 tent???

Dale
05-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Anyone have any opinions of this tent for a sheep tent???

Devilbear
05-24-2009, 11:42 AM
My opinion is that MSR are the best of the "regular" lightweight tents, or, at least, they share this status with the Mountain Hardware tents. MH has recently declined in quality, according to friends I have in the industry who know their stuff and MSR would be my first choice among the available tents here in Vancouver.

THAT said, if you can POSSIBLY afford the rather outrageous cost, I cannot recommend Hilleberg and Integral Designs tents too highly. They actually
ARE as good as so many people say and the Hilleberg Soulo is 4.5 lbs. and will withstand a storm that will flatten most other tents.

ID singlewall tents are superbly made, can be obtained from the USA and are the lightest tents per area protected that I TRUST in mountain conditions. Again, these are NOT cheap, but, they WILL do anything you will ever even consider trying and keep your butt safe doing it.

I can give you some info. on buying these if you PM me as I do have a few friends in the business and have assisted several posters here in obtaining gear.

ElectricDyck
05-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Not sure about the zoid 2, but I can testify for MSR, my hubba hubba hp hasn't let me down yet.