PDA

View Full Version : First Bear

eaglesnester
05-24-2009, 09:38 AM
The wife and I were out spring bear hunting yesterday and we were able to harvest our first black. He were 5.5 feet long and I shot him at 280 lazered yards. I used a pair of homemade shooting sticks from a sitting position. My sticks worked very well. My weapon was a 308 norma mag with a 3-10 ancient Scope Chief by Bushnell. The bullet was a 200 gr Speer SPTZ el chepo non premium. It did the job very well. Bears sure are tough critters as we found the bullet fully mushroomed on the outside shoulder just under the skin. Now we have to get one for the wife. I learned that it sure is work harvesting a bear and the work is just starting after you harvest one. Did not have the camera with me so no pictures.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

Steeleco
05-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Congrats on the first bear, but the cardinal rule of the site is "PICTURES" man!! Especially on the first one. Looks like you'd best go get another and make amends. LOL :lol::lol:

leadpillproductions
05-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Congrads on the bear , but no pics .

bsa30-06
05-24-2009, 11:14 AM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO PICTURES!!!!!!!!!.............
Ah congrats anyway, you always remember the first one.BUT SERIOUSLY WE NEED PICTURES.lol

Phreddy
05-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Congrats on your first bear.
It's a real b*tch being born in July. I turn 65 this year and the Scotish blood in me won't let me buy a license until I qualify for the Seniors licence rate. (Ron & Loretta at the local sporting goods shop tell me that they won't sell me one til then either, ;-) because I can then buy my licence and moose tag, with maybe a down pmt on another tag for what it would cost me for a basic licence if I don't wait.) Oh well, that's one thing about living in Gods' back yard......I can take a few hours off work to hunt anytime I feel the need.

Derp
05-24-2009, 05:40 PM
1st bears r always the best! congrats

hunterofthedeer
05-24-2009, 09:29 PM
congrats on the first bear egalsnester hoipe the peporoni tastes good!!

eaglesnester
05-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey Phreddy I am in the same boat you are age wise. It sure torked my backside that I could not get a reduced seniors hunting permit. I turn 65 September 6. I bit the bullet and bought my permit and bear tags and I am glad I did because I harvested my first blackie.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester