PDA

View Full Version : First Turkey hunt

trapperRick
05-24-2009, 08:23 AM
We went to the Christina lake area and there were some turkeys there but very restricted as to where you could hunt, will go a little further to where there is less private land. Day number three I was sitting by the fire having a cigar and my boys and I were getting ready to go and set up for the evening and I had 1/2 hour so I grabbed my fly rod and walked down to the kettle river. Well after 45 min and 3 three pound rainbows and around 20 white fish my first turkey hunt became my first fishing trip of the year, i spent the next two days fishing and we had a great time together. Next year for turkey we will most likely try Fort Steel, but we will stop by my fishing hole for at least one day.

I would like to thank all the hunters here that gave me some advice on where to go and how to turkey hunt.

palmer
05-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Lots of Turkeys on Crown land here. I am not sure where you were looking but if you come again let me know and i will pass along some FSR that have lots of Turkeys.

sfire436
05-24-2009, 08:47 AM
We connected with a jake there, sad to say I could not catch a rainbow for the life of me from the kettle though!