PDA

View Full Version : 6' fraser valley bear to end season

pupper
05-23-2009, 07:35 PM
well had a great and sickly early hunting adventure today but it paid off. My second bear of the week and 2009 season. It was a bit of a birthday bear since its my bday tomorrow. story and pics here:

http://www.successfulhunting.com/2009/05/23/six-foot-sow-to-end-the-season/

BearSniper
05-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Nice Bear:wink:

Looks like pretty thick timber in there. Obviously you were able to get off quality shots that did the job.

Tough Bear

Steeleco
05-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Great story, good thing you're intuition told you the up hill bear was a different one. Things happen so fast at time like this. Good for you and a great season thus far, now you'll have to wait till Sept!!!

tracker
05-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Wow 4 shots with the 30 cal ttsx 's :eek: thay are a great bullet and make some serious holes,thats the thing about bears, the hair soaks alot of the blood up before it hits the ground or wipes on tree's and grass ,congradulations on a great bear

leadpillproductions
05-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Congrads nice bear.

BCHunterFSJ
05-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the detailed story and the pics. Always a good combo...

martyonthewater
05-23-2009, 10:20 PM
nice job Pupper, great story too.

pmj
05-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Good story. Good call on the second bear. Hmm..TSX x4, what a tough bear.

pupper
05-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Good story. Good call on the second bear. Hmm..TSX x4, what a tough bear.

I honestly could not believe what was happening, especially after we inspected the carcass, none of the shots were outside the vital area and the holes in the rib cage were huge. The bear had full ribs broken off in its chest cavity that you could see from outside. I shot a boar in the same place with the same load and bullet last saturday and it only took one TTSX to drop it.

hunter1947
05-24-2009, 06:02 AM
Good bear Justin ,way to go ,congrats http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

Have a happy birthday today http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

Seabass
05-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Good story and good bear. Some critters just taking a little more killing than others.

Cheers

Seabass

Evolution
05-24-2009, 07:40 AM
I hate it when that doubt sets in. I know the feeling when the animal isnt where you thought it should be. I know both my bears were shot through the ribs and the only blood visible was right where he died. Thats exactly why I think its very important to consider the track prior to the shot. I mean if you cant find the bear because of terribly thick brush or really treacherous terrain maybe you should pass. We had a similar scenario with 2 bears last week, where I saw one go one way and my brother saw another one go another, but at first we thought it was the same bear, we never found either or their tracks, I was glad they were out of range. Anyways nice story and well done Justin, I really like reading your stories and website. Archery season is just around the corner, time to keep practising with the recurve!

pupper
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM
I hate it when that doubt sets in. I know the feeling when the animal isnt where you thought it should be. I know both my bears were shot through the ribs and the only blood visible was right where he died. Thats exactly why I think its very important to consider the track prior to the shot. I mean if you cant find the bear because of terribly thick brush or really treacherous terrain maybe you should pass. We had a similar scenario with 2 bears last week, where I saw one go one way and my brother saw another one go another, but at first we thought it was the same bear, we never found either or their tracks, I was glad they were out of range. Anyways nice story and well done Justin, I really like reading your stories and website. Archery season is just around the corner, time to keep practising with the recurve!

Yah, now I can focus on mastering the recurve. Aiming instinctual is really a challenge since I am used to using yardage pins.

redthorn
05-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Tough buggers, eh? For that amount of holes, you'd think the blood would be pouring out. Good tracking though, as that seems to be the hardest part of successful bear hunting. It seems as if they don't go down on the spot, they'll refuse to leave much of a trail. Nice Bear.

Blainer
05-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Great birthday bear story and pictures.
Happy birthday to ya,I'm only a couple days behind you,but the year of birth is not quite as happy as yours.
Good on ya!