PDA

View Full Version : White Tails in 8-15

Kanook Senior
05-21-2009, 10:26 PM
:smile::smile::smile:Looking for a little help?
Planing on a late season hunt for WHITE TAILS up the Grandby.
Looking for info on a good area to start. Have never Hunted this area.
Planning on a Wall Tent Camp, Need info on places to set up camp ?

Yours In Hunting
Robbie

Jelvis
05-21-2009, 10:42 PM
A road north from Grand Forks follows the Granby river, access roads run back from this road into good whites and mule deer hunting for most of the length of the main road, which runs all the way over to Edgewood on Arrow Lake.
Mu 8-15 Granby River -- Christina Lake
jELVIS --- mule deer 21 km north of Grand Forks @ Pass Creek --- sheep 2

hunter1947
05-22-2009, 07:13 AM
When you pass Christina lake headed east you will come to the sand pit that the roads people use to sand the highways on your left side of the road turn left on the spur road that is to the left by this sand pit its about 5k once you get past the lake.

This road will switch back and forth till you get to the top of the mountain ,camp anywhere around there ,it is very good whitetail hunting in this area ,you might even find a 6 point bull elk as well ,good luck.

martyonthewater
05-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I've put in an leh for a w/t doe in 8-15 AGAIN this year , if by some crazy chance I get it ,this info is going to be very helpfull ,thanks-Marty

ElectricDyck
05-22-2009, 11:10 AM
In my first year hunting I got that new hunter doe tag along with my 2 buddies 2 girlfriends. We camped just up the logging road that goes to jewl lake after greenwood. There was a fair amount of people there, but we managed to get 3 does in a weekend. There's lots of deer there, you just have to watch the farming fields at dusk, but they are good hiders where they can be shot. Good luck.

curt
05-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Good Luck And Keep Your Head Down It's Crazy How Many People Hunt Over There I Used To Enjoy It But Stay Away Now Far Away

sapper
05-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I got the same new hunter LEH last year and got my first doe there too.

tooley
05-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Anywhere in 8-15 there are lots of whitetails more importantly you need to find a quiet place away from all of the other hunters. If you can find one of these magical spots you will be fine!

palmer
05-24-2009, 08:37 AM
It looks like you are hunting bucks as you don't mention LEH. Give me a PM at the end of Oct and I will let you know where I have seen the whiteys. Right now GILPIN FSR is full but that can change with early or late snow..
cheers
Palmer

goatdancer
05-24-2009, 05:55 PM
If you're going to hunt the Granby, there's a big camp area at 28 mile bridge. That's where Burrell Creek hits the Granby River. It's usually very busy there. There's also afew spots further up the road, both up Burrell Creek FSR and Granby FSR.

d6dan
05-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Good Luck And Keep Your Head Down It's Crazy How Many People Hunt Over There I Used To Enjoy It But Stay Away Now Far Away

Thats funny, I grew up there hunting since I was 10 and I used to hate seeing all those "out of towners" hunting in my back yard. Now It doesn't bother me because I'm an "out of towner". Kanook senior,, check out lower pass ck,grandby river flats approx 56km,and if all else fails, check the rolling hills on lower Burrell ck up to Tenderloin junction.. Those used to be premo whitey grounds...Good luck..

Kanook Senior
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey guys many thanks for the Info.:wink::wink::wink:
Yours In WhiteTails
Robbie