PDA

View Full Version : Checkmate bow

T300WSM
05-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I am shooting a Checkmate compound with the wood riser of course, I have always used the stick on arrow rests the bear has been the best.
I would like to try a whisker biscuit but the wood riser is not drilled and tapped for mounting a arrow rest. On the top of the cable guard arm is 2 drilled and tapped holes, can I use these holes to mount a wb?
There is also another hole in the side of the arm that is not tapped.
The other option is a mount that will go between the quiver and the sights, might be something I will have to fab, any info?
Thank you.

Bow Walker
05-22-2009, 08:27 AM
A pic would be the best way to describe what you're looking at...but it sounds as if the holes might be for a rest.

Are the holes horizontal or vertical in alignment? If they're horizontal they could be just what you're after.

Since you're going to mount the WB anyway - drilling and tapping if need be - you might as well get one and see if it fits.

T300WSM
05-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks, I did get a wb today and with some minor mods I can put on my bow. I put the wb on my son's bow and after a few shots he did very good.....will post a vid of him if i can get it to work

T300WSM
05-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Here is the vid of my son and his bow we got from Cdn-Rednek.
The vid is poor I took it with my still cam.
In the vid he hit the deer 12 times he kept shooting unti he missed on his 22 shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2EItNV-H1o

Evolution
05-23-2009, 01:21 PM
right on man , your kid looks pretty good with that bow. I cant wait til my kids are old enough to shoot deer in the back yard.

SHACK
05-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Great vid, nothing like a youngster taking a keen intrest!
You may want to try getting him to touch the tip of his nose to the bowstring for another anchor point while at full draw. So far he's doing great, but always best to instil some good habits now, so he does not have to try and break bad ones later.