PDA

View Full Version : No grizz near horsefly, just blackys

pupper
05-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Well, as the title says me and "sfire" did not see any grizzly but I did connect on a black bear, the snow was still to high:(

pics and story:
http://www.successfulhunting.com/2009/05/20/no-grizzly-consolation-was-black-bear/

Ruger4
05-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Well, as the title says me and "sfire" did not see any grizzly but I did connect on a black bear, the snow was still to high:(

pics and story:
http://www.successfulhunting.com/2009/05/20/no-grizzly-consolation-was-black-bear/

Horsefly as in south of "Likely" area
no grizz ??

pupper
05-20-2009, 07:35 PM
South of Horsefly lake and west of Wells Gray Park (5-15a)

no sightings, still alot of snow on the ground. We saw approx 6 other hunters who all had draws and none of them saw anything.

leadpillproductions
05-20-2009, 09:05 PM
I heard there is still a ton of snow

Gateholio
05-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Hmm, I plan on heading up there next week for my Grizzz LEH. 5-15 as well.:icon_frow

srupp
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Gentlemen..oh ya AND Gate..:biggrin:..YES there IS a LOT of snow HOWEVER that is EXACTLY why it is such a GREAT year for grizzlies..YES its DIFFICULT to acces the sites but the sites ARE WHERE THE GRIZZLIES ARE RIGHT NOW...SLIDES..SOUTH FACING..

Gate you KNOW where the area is..it HAS SLID..the GRIZZLIES are there and CAN NOT feed in other areas DUE TO THE ABUNDANCE OF SNOW..

can not explain it clearer..:roll:...they are there for the harvesting..

good luck

Steven

Charlie
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
I heard there is still a ton of snow

I just got back from close to Horsefly and it was snowing on Tuesday morning.

If there isn't snow on the ground then it will be soaked. Its been raining pretty good up there last little while.

srupp
05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
was in Horsefly Tuesday am also IT LIGHTLY SKIFFED SNOW WHICH MELTED BY 1500HRS...

Steven

Gateholio
05-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I think I will be alright Mr Rupp. It will just be a painful adjustment to go from the balmy no snow weather I've enjoyed for the last 3 months back to being chilly. I'll pack my woolies.:biggrin:

pupper
05-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Gentlemen..oh ya AND Gate..:biggrin:..YES there IS a LOT of snow HOWEVER that is EXACTLY why it is such a GREAT year for grizzlies..YES its DIFFICULT to acces the sites but the sites ARE WHERE THE GRIZZLIES ARE RIGHT NOW...SLIDES..SOUTH FACING..

Gate you KNOW where the area is..it HAS SLID..the GRIZZLIES are there and CAN NOT feed in other areas DUE TO THE ABUNDANCE OF SNOW..

can not explain it clearer..:roll:...they are there for the harvesting..

good luck

Steven

Yah totally agree with you Steven, I just could not access all those lovely spots I found on google earth. There was a few guys with sleds who were going past my farthest point and when they came back they said they did not see anything. So maybe they didnt even get up to the honey holes.

Hopefully the snow melts a bit for yah Gate, or else you have a better way of getting to them! good luck on your hunt!

todbartell
05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
well Gatehouse, you will just have to do alot of spot & stalking! I can lend you a pair of $13 Simmons 10x25 camo binoculars, they should be sufficient for your needs, as you are in no shape to stalk anything that is further off the trail than 150 feet. 8)

Gateholio
05-21-2009, 12:03 AM
well Gatehouse, you will just have to do alot of spot & stalking! I can lend you a pair of $13 Simmons 10x25 camo binoculars, they should be sufficient for your needs, as you are in no shape to stalk anything that is further off the trail than 150 feet. 8)

I'm bringing my snowshoes. Hopefully my knee has healed enough that I don't screech like a girl with every step.:grin:

sfire436
05-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Was a good time still.......