PDA

View Full Version : PG Bear Hunters

hunterofthedeer
05-19-2009, 04:41 PM
We went camping down the blackwater on the long weekend and by the second Mackenzie lake there was a colour phase black bear it was a light brown. We didnt get a really good look but he is there. Just thought I woud pass this on as we wont be hunting bear this year and I know there are some who really want to hunt a nice light brown black bear.

hunterofthedeer

jml11
05-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I've seen a lot of those colored bears down the blackwater, missed a monster off the Mckenzie Mountain road a few years back, which a buddy also missed later that week...it was bad fall for us...lol

leadpillproductions
05-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Man i haven't ever had a chance at a coloured one yet

hunterofthedeer
05-19-2009, 10:20 PM
I've seen a lot of those colored bears down the blackwater, missed a monster off the Mckenzie Mountain road a few years back, which a buddy also missed later that week...it was bad fall for us...lol
Thats what the road was called. Makenzie mountain road. This was on friday so i imangine he is still roaming. If we would have brought guns we may have shot it but i wont shoot anything unless i know what it tastes like first I have never tried bear. I dont know anyone who hunts them

bearhunter338-06
05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
I know of 4 or 5 sow's that are nice and brown

moosinaround
05-20-2009, 06:36 AM
Thats what the road was called. Makenzie mountain road. This was on friday so i imangine he is still roaming. If we would have brought guns we may have shot it but i wont shoot anything unless i know what it tastes like first I have never tried bear. I dont know anyone who hunts them
Hunterothedeers, shoot one bro, they are awesome as sausage. Pepperonies and smokies are FANTASTIC trust me!! Ask Brett and Noahdawg they are snackin on some yogi from this year and are lovin it! Just try it, shoot a little bear and have it made up into sausage and you will shoot one every year! Moosin

hunterofthedeer
05-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Hunterothedeers, shoot one bro, they are awesome as sausage. Pepperonies and smokies are FANTASTIC trust me!! Ask Brett and Noahdawg they are snackin on some yogi from this year and are lovin it! Just try it, shoot a little bear and have it made up into sausage and you will shoot one every year! Moosin
to tell you the truth we dont have any guns yet and im still a little unclear on the field dressing. When I did shoot my deer i went with a friend so i only helped a little. im still a newbie being 15 and starting big game hunting last year. so this year im going to stick with deer and moose.

fester
05-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Bear is great, it is awesome as sausage but even better as burgers, stew, meatloaf, tacos.

ftrain
05-24-2009, 08:17 PM
nothing wrong with a good bear pot roast or meatloaf. I never seen fester say no to meatloaf or meatballs or the fresh tenderloin on the bbq

killman
05-24-2009, 08:55 PM
The kids and I saw a very nice brown colored bear today. Also saw a mom with some wee cubs and another black butt heading the trees.