PDA

View Full Version : One stalk zero bears

JoshCampbell
05-18-2009, 05:37 PM
took some friends out sightseeing/ black bear hunting today sight seeing was great seen a sow grizzly with 3 cubs also a moose starting to get some antlers showing, as for blackbear hunting seen 3 bears and put a stalk on the biggest bear of the day prolly 5 1/2 feet got within 30 yards of him just as i was lining up the shot he turned and was gone into the deep forest. :(

bsa30-06
05-18-2009, 06:09 PM
were you bowhunting,why not take the shot from a little further away and not risk spookin him away....just curious

JoshCampbell
05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
i was rifle hunting but he ran a over a hill when i spotted him and when i fianlly snuck over the hill all i could c was his ears in a dip so i wanted to c how close i could get to him but i guess i got a little to close

bsa30-06
05-18-2009, 07:45 PM
i was rifle hunting but he ran a over a hill when i spotted him and when i fianlly snuck over the hill all i could c was his ears in a dip so i wanted to c how close i could get to him but i guess i got a little to close

Dont worry you'll get'em next time.Dont feel bad we had a brute give us the slip 3 times on saturday.Oh well thats hunting.Better luck next time.

hunter1947
05-19-2009, 03:56 AM
Things like this happen it won't be the last time that it will happen to you ,next time it will all fall all into place ,next time you will make it happen ;-).