PDA

View Full Version : Grizz Quest - Days 2 and 3

gbear
05-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Well, got out for a couple days looking for my Grizzly this week. Lots of crappy weather up this way this weekend, so ended up coming home early. Even more snow forecast for tonight.

For sightings, it was a good trip. Seen 8 black bears, 1 Grizz, lots of moose, elk and deer.

The Grizz was a fair ways off feeding on a pipeline across a river. Took me a bit to figure out how to get to him, but eventually did figure it out. He was an average sized bear and alone, so decided to at least put a stock on him and get closer to see. Got over to where he last was, and he was gone. Looked around for awhile and couldn't find him. But, it was fun none the less.

With the black bears, there was only 1 that was a probably big enough to take, but I didn't want to spend the time taking care of him while I could be looking for a Griz.

I think up this way the moose must be getting ready to have their calves. There was one spot where I seen 8 pregnant cows in a small stretch on this island in the river. It was pretty neat. Also seen a bull moose with antler growth out past his ears already.

Good trip over all. Hopefully the weather smartens up and we get some heat to melt some snow.

Might be able to get out again Friday, but if not, the weekend for sure.

whitetailsheds
05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Keep at 'er R.! Should be getting closer to some better weather and conditions (greening up). Seems like the first few days of fall the way the last couple days have been. Only there's green starting to come out on the trees.