PDA

View Full Version : no bears

steelheadSABO
05-17-2009, 08:24 AM
went out yesterday searching for some sighn of bears up chehalis.walked 14 km up to the campground saw the big slide that washed in the lake took a few casts with the fly rod.lots of atvers and partyers some guy in small car said they dented up the floor getting in.i picked up over 100cans and found a red ford ranger rolled into the ditch.Get back to the car and two of the hub caps were gone turns out they were set under the tires crunch!!Its a nice area but i dont think i will go hunting there soon.pics in the gallery

Camp Cook
05-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Chehalis has some nice lighter colour phaze bears in the area I was just west of there friday evening and spotted a beautiful chocolate colour phaze bear and another that was black and brown mixed, (no not spots)

Look at south or west facing slopes but not anywhere on the slopes target the greenest spots that are extra damp the bears will be laying down in them munching away to their hearts content.

newhunterette
05-17-2009, 08:51 AM
went out yesterday searching for some sighn of bears up chehalis.walked 14 km up to the campground saw the big slide that washed in the lake took a few casts with the fly rod.lots of atvers and partyers some guy in small car said they dented up the floor getting in.i picked up over 100cans and found a red ford ranger rolled into the ditch.Get back to the car and two of the hub caps were gone turns out they were set under the tires crunch!!Its a nice area but i dont think i will go hunting there soon.pics in the gallery

dang it - my daughter is camping up in Chehalis with her grad camp out weekend and I am hoping none of her school had any of those shenanigans going on - when you said Red ford ranger I had a slight heart beat skipping but then remembered her boyfriends pick up is a red ford F150.

snareman1234
05-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I;m going to go up harrison today, going to the back side of the lake, up into those valleys, hopefully not toooo many people running around out there

I'll letcha know how it goes

Stone Sheep Steve
05-17-2009, 10:15 AM
You have to find a pretty secluded area to hunt on May long weekend. People are pretty much everywhere on every kind of motorized vehicle.

SSS

bsa30-06
05-17-2009, 10:32 AM
way to many idiots on the long weekend stay away.........STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!

snareman1234
05-17-2009, 10:39 AM
on google earth theres some nice slashes on the east side of the chehalis is looks like, might go there

Camp Cook
05-17-2009, 02:34 PM
The best bear hunting is either first thing in the morning before the partiers are up or in the evening when most of the weekend travelers/partiers are off the roads usually around 6:30pm - 7:00pm starting their partying so start hunting the slashes/cuts around 7:30pm - 8pm.

Should give you a good 1 - 1 1/2 hours of undisturbed hunting... :smile:

I'm heading over to give a try again tonight taking my ATV this time need to give it a good run before I head up north for my 3 week prospecting/grizzly hunt.

Also I've been glassing from one side of the valley over to the other instead of trying to spot up hill only a 5 - 10 minute drive over to the other side where I'm hunting.

steelheadSABO
05-17-2009, 06:59 PM
the truck looked like it had been down there for awhile. the slide is huge that washed into the lake there is a 20 foot high mark on the shore from the waves.

Shooter
05-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Went out today for a few hours here on the rock. Didn't see any other hunters, found a fly rod, and saw 6 bears. Not a bad day around here.