PDA

View Full Version : A huge black bear I couldn't shoot!

Andy83
05-16-2009, 08:49 PM
:sad: So my buddy Glenn and I are driving around last night hoping for a chance at a nice bear, or any bear for that matter. The start to the season has been slow for me, I haven't been seeing too much at all. After a few hours of driving/hiking around and not seeing anything but stump-bears, we decided to head back as it was starting to get late. As we were driving down towards town, we saw 2 whitetail does standing in the road. I took a couple photos of them, and we headed on our way. About half a click down the road, there was a huge firld on the right. I saw a group of 5 muley does standing 40 yards off the road, and 50 or so yards behind them I saw the biggest blonde phase black bear I had ever seen!! I'd guess him to be about 7 feet long and 450+ easy. Glenn had never seen an okanagan blackie, and couldn't believe how big it was. He said it was bigger than a lot of the coastal black bears he was used to seeing. Anyways, the bear was on First Nations land :-( so I couldn't shoot it. Rats! He was a beautiful blonde colour. The photo didn't turn out as well as I would have liked because my little camera doesn't zoom that well, but you can tell the size and colour of him anyways. I can't figure out how to post the photo in my thread, so if anyone knows how and would be willing to tell me, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Seabass
05-16-2009, 08:53 PM
I had a fish on my line like that.... The one that got away. ;-)

boxhitch
05-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Tough luck is better than no luck............or is that love ?

Anyways, the bear was on First Nations land :sad: so I couldn't shoot it.
Was it posted ?

Andy83
05-17-2009, 11:03 PM
yes it was the sign was right there laughing at me....