PDA

View Full Version : I am getting a Brittany spaniel!!!!!!!

duckhunt
05-16-2009, 05:32 PM
I am so excited next weekend on Sunday me and my dad are picking up a Brittany spaniel.the dog is 11 months old it's name is Brandy, the owners bought it for a family pet but they realized it is a hunting dog and they wanted to give it to someone who can give it a better home and let it hunt. The parents are hunting dogs. The dog is beautiful, full of energy and eager to please. we are going to get it professionally trained by Barry Kolodychuk. Hopefully there are some good years ahead. the bonus is the dog is already neutered and house trained. when i met the dog today as soon as we made eye contact it felt like it was meant to be. i'll post some pics as soon as i get it.

Sasquatch
05-16-2009, 07:42 PM
That's great new, congrats! Britts are wonderful dogs and great hunters. I'm sure you're going to have a blast together.

Make sure you post some pics when you take her home.

orion
05-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Congrats on your new family member. We had a Britt for 14 years. He was a great companion, super with our kids and an awesome hunter. An overabundance of energy at first but very smart and willing to please. Have fun.

MichelD
05-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Lucky you!

I don't have the patience or time for a dog, but I know Britts are awesome.

My old buddy Al has one he got from a neighbour. The dog has never hunted, but points at cats! They are naturals.

His previous Britt used to get ecstatic and run around in circles and wait at the door as soon as he got his shotgun case out.

gmcgilli66
05-25-2009, 08:16 PM
We had a pair of Britts for 14 years. They are characters and hi energy dogs. For the first 5 years the only time they slept was after dark! On the go and great birders for sure.
Good luck and keep her active!