PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lose this cat last year?

canadamoose1
11-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Had this cat in my crosshairs last year as I thought it was a wild feral cat. If it hadn't been for my son I'd have shot it. Call the cat Lucky! It was lucky. Found up on Green Mtn east of Quesnel. You can't have her back! She's the best mouser I've ever seen. AND I spent $ getting her spayed etc.http://www.hunt101.com/img/337656.jpg

MichelD
11-23-2005, 03:09 PM
I saw a real nice looking young tabby cat one time way up in the bush above Shuswap Lake. Hungry, skinny and scared. Some folks had obviously driven it all the way up there and dumped it to fend for itself.

It was too freaked out to catch or we would have taken it home. Probably starved to death.

Driftwood
11-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Funny how cats find you, not the other way around!

Steeleco
11-23-2005, 04:05 PM
I saw a real nice looking young tabby cat one time way up in the bush above Shuswap Lake. Hungry, skinny and scared. Some folks had obviously driven it all the way up there and dumped it to fend for itself.

It was too freaked out to catch or we would have taken it home. Probably starved to death.

We get JERKS dropping cats out the back of Vancouver airport on a all too regular basis, but they adapt very fast, in the wilds of the bush other than becoming prey, I'm sure that one would have done fine.

PGKris
11-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Make great moving targets for the bowhunter....I mean noooooo I would never....! Nah the parents would skin me out if I shot a cat

Jagermeister
11-23-2005, 05:20 PM
:biggrin: Endulge yourself PGKris, then you can add pussy to your bag.
Seriously though, feral cats are a big detriment to the natural occurring critters in our forests. If they stuck just to mice, it would be one thing, but they kill song birds at an alarming rate too. I live in a semi rural area and I live trap the cats that turn up in my backyard. I generally let them go nearer the 'burbs, but should the same cat turn up in the trap again, then it's fair game for bow or .22. The foxes in my area probably appreciate the free lunch.