PDA

View Full Version : Anybody out Fishing around Merrit Yet?

Kevin So
05-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Anyone out around piminus area near Merrit this fishing season yet? Any reports? I heard the higher elevations was seeing snow still 2 weeks ago.

Rob
05-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Anyone out around piminus area near Merrit this fishing season yet? Any reports? I heard the higher elevations was seeing snow still 2 weeks ago.

Higher elevations were seeing snow yesterday morning. Still -1 to -4 in the mornings here in Lower Nic.

rocksteady
05-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Join BC Fishing Report site, advice by a dude named "phearless", lives in Merritt, runs the sports shop....

Lots of great advice on the site.. http://www.bcfishingreports.com/ and also on http://www.flyfishbc.com/

Kevin So
05-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks Fellas, can't wait to get out there!

huntwriter
05-17-2009, 06:16 AM
The ice is off for over three weeks now on the Nicola Lake a few others around the area too up to Helmer Lake. Went out a week ago to Nicola Lake and caught a limit of rainbows. Kentucky-Alleyene Lake produced rainbows too last week.

johnk
05-17-2009, 06:33 AM
One more sleep and my 20 day fishing odyssey begins. Will be rolling into Merritt area Monday afternoon right after the "Coasties" go home. Fishing several old haunts for a week and then down to Abbotsford for family time and then up to Forest and home for a pause before heading to One Island Lake south of Dawson Creek. Gonna be fun if the weather and 'bows cooperate!

Kevin So
05-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Making me Jealous...:-D

bushape
05-18-2009, 06:29 PM
The fishing on Douglas Lk was decent this past weekend.

doubled
05-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Buck/Vinson was decent, busy as a 2 bit prostitute house though.

PGK
05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
One more sleep and my 20 day fishing odyssey begins. Will be rolling into Merritt area Monday afternoon right after the "Coasties" go home. Fishing several old haunts for a week and then down to Abbotsford for family time and then up to Forest and home for a pause before heading to One Island Lake south of Dawson Creek. Gonna be fun if the weather and 'bows cooperate!

When are you gonna be at Forest john? I might miss the Fish-In but I could def meet up with ya at Forest?

Sasquatch
05-18-2009, 08:28 PM
then up to Forest

I'd love to take another shot at that lake. Not the easiest lake to fish I've ever been on.