PDA

View Full Version : LEH Question for New Hunter

huntinnewbie
05-14-2009, 02:47 PM
See in the LEH that there is a special draw in the Okanogan for new hunters that have received their hunter number after June of 2008. Odds are pretty good and I was just about to mail it when I read it for a second time and realized it was for whitetail and not mule deer. I was going to try 8-08 Princeton to Summerland route but am I wasting my time looking for an antlerless whitetail in this area?
Any advice appreciated as I don't want to waste my time or hubbies for that matter cause I would be taking him with me.

Jelvis
05-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Lots a muley's but whitetails are not plentiful. So maybe try some other leh, still got time to find a spot both you and hubby would do better at. imho, unless you could combine the whitetail hunting with muley too.
Still got time to check it out -- this 8-08 Summerland route is good for muley tho above Trout creek the Bald range in late season best.
I guess some whitetail are starting to take over by the sound of it.
Could phone the co's in Penticton to see about what the chances are for leh whitetail.
Jel -- not too sure -- good question -- could run into a muley too --

Fisher-Dude
05-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Go for 8-12 or 8-14. There are WTs in 8-08 but as Jelly said, they are more spread out and harder to hunt there. If you get a draw in 8-12 or 8-14, PM me and I'll send ya towards a nice flat top. Good luck!

Andy83
05-14-2009, 09:03 PM
There are muleys and whities galore in region 8. You'll see more whities the furthur east you go. Good luck.

reach
05-16-2009, 12:45 AM
I had the new hunter draw in 8-14 three years ago and had no trouble getting my doe, even hunting alone without a whole lot of knowledge. :) Don't know anything about 8-8.

boxhitch
05-16-2009, 06:17 AM
but am I wasting my time looking for an antlerless whitetail in this area?
Any advice appreciated as I don't want to waste my time or hubbies for that matter cause I would be taking him with me.
This is a strange concept to me. I have never had a day of hunting that I would call a waste of time. Thats why it is called hunting.