PDA

View Full Version : hunting sumas mountain

LordFerence
05-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Just a quick question , when hunting sumas mountain are you allowed to carry a gun for protection purposes?

SHACK
05-14-2009, 06:41 AM
I wouldn't sugest it. Sumas as you know is archery only. No discharge of firearms. So should you have a run in with a CO, its such a "grey area" I wouldn't even bother.
You would only be asking for trouble IMHO. If your that worried about having a run in with a predator of some sort, get yourself some bear spray (just so you can spray yourself should you miss with your bow ;) )
I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the few bears and cats that are up there, your probably going to win a lottery before you have any sort of bad encounter on Sumas

Steeleco
05-14-2009, 08:07 AM
^^ Agreed, the critters are so accustomed to people and traffic they likely will have moved on before you know they were there in the first place.

Ddog
05-14-2009, 08:27 AM
just a quick answer---------> NO

Chuck
05-14-2009, 08:37 AM
wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the few bears and cats that are up there, your probably going to win a lottery before you have any sort of bad encounter on Sumas[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but that's the way I've always felt about being in the bush. However, I have talked to two men who were absolutely terrified of the idea of being in the woods, away from the familiar sights and sounds of downtown ??????
Please don't take it that I'm suggesting anything here LordFerence, or that I wish to demean you, it's just that your posting brought this to mind, and I thought I'd say it before it vanished.

LordFerence
05-14-2009, 04:16 PM
LOL no offense taken . just curious is all , this year is my first year bow hunting so I know for sure what is legal and what is not . Thanks everyone that replied.