PDA

View Full Version : Another Region 2 Black Bear Down ~~booya~~

NoLimit99
05-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Well here's my story.

Work called me very early in the morning May 13/09 and told me works slow stay home today so I said sure never really had a choice.
The wife left early as well to quickly go to work and finish off paper work for pay roll and then she came home just after I got off the phone with a coffee in her hand for me.

I told her work called and told me to stay home, and she asked what we were going to do today. Well she doesn't really like to go hunting so I asked her if we can go for a hike up a mountain in region 2 and she hesitated for a sec then said yes. I told her I was going to take my rifle for safety reasons and she thought nothing of it. I told her it was in case we encountered a bear. :)

LOL well we got to the top of the mountain and by this time she new what I was up to, creeping up the mountain, and being quiet, checking around and looking for fresh signs..lol she's not stupid. Any who we got to the top of the mtn and just as I told her ok we can be as loud as we want to be now, I saw some thing moving in the corner of my left eye and looked and sure as shi* it was a black bear. I've never taken one before so I didn't know what to expect but I wanted to take one to add to my list of things I've wanted to do and accomplished. Also people I know have been bugging me for bear meat.

So with out thinking I told my wife to be quite and get down, I took aim and fired.... crap I was so pumped I missed.... I wont lie it was a rushed shot so I reloaded and fired again. WHAT THE FUC* that couldn't have been a miss again. The bear didn't do any thing the first shot. The second shot she stood up and looked right at us and then once again started to feed. I told myself slow down so I reloaded again, took aim and took a breath and bang let loose a 180grn bullet and dropped her. She rolled down a little hill and expired right there.

Must say what a rush it was and how lucky I am to have my wife there by my side to experience the whole thing. Little did I know she caught the whole thing on video. I found out when we got home. To cool, we also took some pics.

Here's the pics, oh and because it's my first bear the wife said I can send it to the taxidermy. To freaking cool now to the pics oh by the way my height is 5'9 that should give you an idea of the size of my first bear.

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/nolimit99/1-1.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/nolimit99/2-1.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/nolimit99/3-1.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/nolimit99/4-1-1.jpg

MichelD
05-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Good story.

Good bear.

Phil
05-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Nice first bear. I can't say your wife looks too impressed though. It'll make for some good memories none the less.

Steeleco
05-14-2009, 12:12 AM
That's a decent Reg 2 bear from the ones I've seen. Good going. Nice blaze too.

leadpillproductions
05-14-2009, 12:17 AM
congrads on the bear great story

hunter1947
05-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Nice bear you got there ,will be a good eater ,congrats.

Mik
05-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Great story, congrats. Seing as this was your first bear, may I ask this question?....How was the "Shrinkage Factor" for you? Were you suprised at the size of the bear from when you first saw it as opposed to when you came up to it?

mr.280
05-14-2009, 05:56 AM
That,s a nice furry blacky! Congats on your first bear.

NoLimit99
05-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Great story, congrats. Seing as this was your first bear, may I ask this question?....How was the "Shrinkage Factor" for you? Were you suprised at the size of the bear from when you first saw it as opposed to when you came up to it?

Well from how far away it was when I saw it, it looked like it was a very small bear but it was really fat and wide. And because im only going to take 1 bear for a long time it didn't matter to me the size or sex. I couldn't let this one pass although when I actually touched it, it was pretty decent in size for my first and the hair is so thick and no imprefections all I could think of was taxidermy. So i'll post it up when I get it back in about 6 months.

Derp
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
boooyaa!!!

Sasquatch
05-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Enjoyed the story. Congrats on your first bear - looks awful tasty.

Camp Cook
05-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Good story and pic's I past on 2 today about that size up the Fraser Canyon before Yale.

I was looking for a good size bear to break in my Contender carbine in 375JDJ... :D

bsa30-06
05-14-2009, 04:49 PM
nice bear, like the little white patch on its chest.

NoLimit99
05-14-2009, 11:42 PM
nice bear, like the little white patch on its chest.

I like the patch as well although I really like how thick and if you can believe it how soft and full the hair is on this bear. I'm just happy the wife suggested we send it to the taxidermy which we did. I also am getting the skull bleached and mounted. Extremely happy with this first bear

Tikka270wsm
05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
That's a thick hide. Congrats! Love the white blaze on the chest. A beauty for a first.

Evolution
05-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Nice bear, love the pics

martyonthewater
05-15-2009, 10:23 PM
great 1st bear. great wife to suggest the taxi as well. both keepers for sure

riflebuilder
05-15-2009, 10:49 PM
nice bear way to go.

NoLimit99
05-16-2009, 07:58 PM
great 1st bear. great wife to suggest the taxi as well. both keepers for sure

I'll drink to those comments.... Cheers :)