PDA

View Full Version : Griz Draw Access ? 7-02

Wild Images
05-12-2009, 09:17 AM
A friend and his dad have 2 griz draws for 7-02, he has hunted the area before but with the late spring it may be tough to get in.
Working for himself he is flexible on his time, he wants to go for two weeks, Can anyone over that way give me an idea how the access is now? Would like to go last two weeks in May or last week of May first week of June.

Thanks in advance

dana
05-12-2009, 04:55 PM
One of my work partners had a close encounter with a young grizz yesterday just on the 3 side of the south end of the 7-02 boundary. So they are out and about. I saw good sized grizz tracks just a little further south close to 4 weeks ago. I'm sure the bears along the lake will have been awake for awhile now. Right now I'd be hunting the pine flats focusing on the little swamps and riparian areas as the skunk cabbage is out in the low elevations now. You don't have to go very high though before you are in deep snow. All the side drainages on both sides of the lake will still be plugged full. A beater sled might just get ya into some of those drainages so you can glass the south facing avalanche slopes.