PDA

View Full Version : experienced 09 pse x-force shooters

Big Lew
05-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Has anyone put many hours shooting an 09 pse x-force-6 yet? I'm torn between purchasing a 60# 09 x-force-6 or an 70# 09 elite 500. (I shot a 70# 08 pse x-force and found it a bit harsh to draw and hold, and it had almost no valley) Am looking for pros and cons from shooters that have shot enough to make experienced comments/reviews. For spot and stalk long range hunting only, thanks.

Bow Walker
05-12-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm not the "expert" you're looking to hear from as I haven't shot an X-Force yet. But, I have shot bows that were slightly heavy in poundage (for me) and also ones with little or no valley.

For hunting purposes, I think it's more important that you be comfortable with the equipment than it is to have a blazingly fast bow that's hard to either hold at full draw or to shoot in general.

Just my opinion. I guess you've got to shoot both and get the one that fits you best.

Big Lew
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm not the "expert" you're looking to hear from as I haven't shot an X-Force yet. But, I have shot bows that were slightly heavy in poundage (for me) and also ones with little or no valley.

For hunting purposes, I think it's more important that you be comfortable with the equipment than it is to have a blazingly fast bow that's hard to either hold at full draw or to shoot in general.

Just my opinion. I guess you've got to shoot both and get the one that fits you best.
Thanks, I value your opinion, and yes, that's why I would go for the 60# x-force rather than the "harder to draw and hold (at least for me) 70# pse. I'm left-handed and a commercial truck driver, so it is hard to get to a shop during business hours and to find an 09 that's set up to try. The owner of the shop near me has a 09 pse x-force-6 maxed out at 63# right-handed bow for his own use. He is using lighter weight arrows than I would be comfortable with for long shot hunting, (I think 350gr. -365gr. area) and is thrilled with the flat trajectory and speed. Personally, I'm interested in using a 400gr.-420gr. arrow and obtaining 290-305fps. as long as I can comfortably draw and hold for awhile. The older bow I use now has milder cams but I have no problem drawing and holding it set at 70# and I am able to consistantly achieve tight grouping out to fifty yards with it's 7" bh. The few modern bows that I have tried all are much nicer and more efficient than the old styles, so I don't think that the newer bows with 6" bh. would pose a problem, especially with my 28" draw.

danfloris
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
im not sure if you have herd that the 2009 x force with the new cams are having some problems with guys pulling fingers. if you pluck or while letting down twist the string in your hand the string has been rolling off the cams and "blowing up the bows" the bows that i have seen(3 now and herd of about 6 more) you just have to put the string back on, but if you are in the bush and that happens you are &*^%ed if you dont have the proper portable bow press. im sure that you know having owned a 08 that you need the speacial bow press arms so your limbs dont break.

I just picked up a couple 2008 x forces i was gonna go 09 but the string comming off scared me outa it.

Big Lew
05-13-2009, 07:44 PM
im not sure if you have herd that the 2009 x force with the new cams are having some problems with guys pulling fingers. if you pluck or while letting down twist the string in your hand the string has been rolling off the cams and "blowing up the bows" the bows that i have seen(3 now and herd of about 6 more) you just have to put the string back on, but if you are in the bush and that happens you are &*^%ed if you dont have the proper portable bow press. im sure that you know having owned a 08 that you need the speacial bow press arms so your limbs dont break.

I just picked up a couple 2008 x forces i was gonna go 09 but the string comming off scared me outa it.
I actually didn't own a 08, I only had an opportunity to try one. Come to think of it, I did see a couple of threads/posts about strings rolling off the cams....wasn't sure why until your explanation. When the bow shop owner I mentioned earlier showed me his rig, he did have a concern about premature cable wear with the pse cable slide. Other 09 x-force shooters on the AT forum advised changing to an elite or saunders hydroglide slide or serving the cable with "halo" These concerns are drawing me more toward the elite 500, or even the alien, haven't heard reliability issues with these two. I'm going to try swinging by boorman archery in new westminster with the hope they have something for me to try, if not, I'll phone ahead and take a day off and drive into washington to try them out. Thanks for your input.