PDA

View Full Version : savona

ratherbefishin
11-22-2005, 02:43 PM
we used to go up to Savona mid November and if the Mule deer were in there,it could be some pretty good hunting.Anybody been there this year?I've seen moose tracks too, but no moose, however I was told that was pretty good moose country back in the 60's

Sniper
11-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I spent last weekend hunting the Savona area, lots of wolves above Kamloops lake and not a lot of deer. I don't know if coyotes can push deer out of an area but at least a dozen coyotes killed a deer about 400 meters from our camp while we stood around the camp fire sipping an evening brew. Kinda weird, deer screaming for it's life while 12 or 18 coyotes howled squacked and yipped in celebration 400 meters away in the dark.:|

BigfishCanada
11-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Ive hunted the area in Oct and NOv for 3 years, Im no pro but I can help you if you want to PM me. There should be deer there, weve managed to get our when heading that way. We usually sllep above that bar in Savona, whats it called roosters or something. he will let you hang your game up in his shed

ex bc guide
11-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Sniper, you came all this way and did not stop on for a bs session or any hound chasin!:roll:
did you guys run into any cat sign in ther?
Mike

ratherbefishin
11-22-2005, 08:54 PM
yah,I had friends from Saltspring that hunted Savona and stayed at the bar.