PDA

View Full Version : Princeton weekend

huntinnewbie
05-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Drove to Princeton on Friday night. Took the Coldwater exit and the Brookmere Road to the Aspen Grove Tulameen Rd.
Didn't see squat. No scat, no bear, no grouse, no deer, nada.
First mulies we saw were just before Otter Lake and there were tons of them in the fields grazing. Also saw the first grouse in the same area.
Spent the night in Coalmont.
By the way, Mosey On Inn Motel in Coalmont is fantastic.
Sweet rooms, spotless clean, they welcome pets and the hosts, Diane and Bob are very hospitable.
Saw 1 grouse on the side of the road between Coalmont and Princeton. A male in full display so must have been some hens near by. Boy was he pretty.
Next day we took the Summerland Princeton Road past Chain, ice was off and lots of people fishing, again we saw nothing and we were looking.
If there are bears in them thar hills they were keeping a very low profile.
Took the Coq back from Westbank to Hope and only saw a couple of mulies just outside Merritt. Corbitt was open and lots fishing that lake also.
A very uneventful trip!

Steeleco
05-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I was in there and did the first part of your trip. The critters were playing hard to get compared to normal. But we did see moose and deer and connected on one bear. Pure BS luck but sometimes that's the way it goes.

One day last May my son and I saw nothing the first day, the next day it was like a trip to the zoo. Scored a double header to boot.

That's what keeps the game interesting I suppose.

Ruger4
05-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a nice trip regardless , next time turn right and head off on Brook Creek road , switch back up the hill and head towards the lakes ( Brook & Andy's ) if their out , you'll find one......couple nice spots to camp too :mrgreen:

huntinnewbie
05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Sounds like a nice trip regardless , next time turn right and head off on Brook Creek road , switch back up the hill and head towards the lakes ( Brook & Andy's ) if their out , you'll find one......couple nice spots to camp too :mrgreen:
Off which road? Brookmere or Princeton Summerland? I don't recall seeing that turn off on either route.

Steeleco
05-11-2009, 04:13 PM
At the east end of Brookmere you'll have three choices. Left will take you north of the Canyon, straight is the old Kettle valley rail bed that will take you onto the Tulamean road and right takes you to the lakes and beyond.

But I wouldn't bother, there's no animals up there :twisted::wink::twisted: